wireless 360 pc controller

erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native TexanHouston,Texas Member
edited February 2010 in Hardware
I have an issue with the 360 wireless controller. Games like ghostbusters, cod:mwf2, and AVP. These games wont recognize the wireless controller.

Comments

• chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited February 2010
    In before Snarky says "your welcome."

In all serious, does it work with other games on your computer? If it does maybe those particular games weren't made to support Xbox controllers on Windows. If it doesn't you may have a driver issue or some other problem. Does Windows see it at all?

Seriously though, a mouse and keyboard is my number one reason for playing FPS's on a PC, I can't imagine playing COD or AVP with a controller if I had the option for a mouse.
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited February 2010
    the games i listed support the 360 controller.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    As Chris asked, does it work with other games? Have you installed the latest drivers?
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited February 2010
    you must have the wireless adapter for your PC, if you do not have it you will not be able to use your wireless controller with your PC. The Charge and Play cable is only to charge the controller, it will not allow you to use your wireless controller on your PC. Another Option is to use a corded controller.
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited February 2010
    I bought the controller from best buy. it comes with the usb dongle and the controller. It will play on games like GRID, NFS, and ghost busters. Those games i lsted before said 360 controller supported.
    edited February 2010
    show me a link to the exact controller you bought.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I know those controllers have some major issues. I know with games I worked on they where hard to get working properly. I am not surprised it doesn't work for all games.
    edited February 2010
    im thinking maybe that because these games are all shooters, no one would think of actually using the 360 controller to play them, it would be such a disadvantage that no one would try. who knows though...
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    That's goofy logic, Jengo.
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    The only shooters I ever tried with my controller were Half Life 2 and Crysis and they failed miserably. I don't know why your controller doesn't work with certain games but I would stay away from the official Microsoft Wireless Receiver. Mine just stopped working after about a month for no apparent reason and many many people have apparently had the same issue.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Return the Wireless controller, and get a wired Xbox controller. I mean: It's cheaper, and are you ever more than a few feet from your PC when you play?
    edited February 2010
    Snarkasm wrote:
    That's goofy logic, Jengo.

more like drunk logic... lol i had a few too many drinks last night. haha