Nothing on monitor when pciexpress plugged in

edited February 2010 in Hardware
I bought a ati tv wonder 600 card, plugged it in my windows xp computer and when i go to turn it on nothing shows up on the monitor. Card suits computers capabilities any suggestions?

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Bigciccone wrote:
    I bought a ati tv wonder 600 card, plugged it in my windows xp computer and when i go to turn it on nothing shows up on the monitor. Card suits computers capabilities any suggestions?

We'll need a little more detail, for sure.

How about a couple of questions:

Does the motherboard have onboard video? If so, is it enabled in the BIOS/set as primary?

Does the new card have multiple outputs? XP will tend to choose one or the other until you configure it to use both, occasionally making it a guessing-game as to which will be the 'primary'.

Do you see the normal POST information when it boots?

Do you see the 'Windows XP' loading screen until a certain point?

What was the original graphics chip installed (ATi, Intel, nVidia, etc)? If it was not ATi, have you tried booting into Safe Mode and removing the old device's drivers, then installing the new one?
  • edited February 2010
    as far as onboard video i do not know, the card has composite and svideo, and as far as seeing anything no, the monitor stays black, says check connections and eventually sleeps.