Dr. Martens for Life: Forever Boots

13»

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
  • What's that? Lol

You want me to make a blog?
    midga
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    No.. You should actually register for the site so you can have an avatar and earn badges and everything. You're our most prolific "Guest" commenter :D
    oni_delsmidga
  • Oh! Lol no it's just that I'm very interested in the subject matter. I deliberated between the "for life" boots, vintage boots, and solovair boots, for so long! Blogs like these were helpful, and for anyone in the same situation I was, vintage was the way to go for me... I tried then all! Vintage, for life, then solovair in that order! I have pictures of the doc marten boots, on Flickr :) the bouncing sole group.
  • I bought a pair of forlife 1460 matte black and just realized that the forlife series' "generous fit" is quite noticeably wider than the normal ones. They actually don't very much look like the original ones. Still, they are very comfortable to wear.
  • Hi, I have over 50 pr, NIB, Docs that I purchased back in 2000 and 2001 for my self and to sell in my shop. I became very ill so they have been in my spare bd room ever since. They are all what I call the real deal, made in England. I didn't even know they outsourced them to Asia till recently. Shocked! I love my Docs! But my grand baby was born with a rare heart defect and has to have a life saving surgery. So, I am selling my boots on Ebay so that her Mommy can stay home with her and her 2 sisters. But I would love to know what they are worth, how to find out, and where to find pics of the ones made years ago. If you could help me with any info, I would be so greatful! I am a Doc Freak and I guess owning this many pair of them gives that away. But you just cant beat the Best!
  • The vintage boots are great sooo much better than the Asian made ones I hope they will last me for years. Does anyone know how long the vintage ones last
  • I bought a pair of vintage Docs in April 2013. It is now the end of June 2013, and I noticed that the leather has a small rip in the back, just above the heel. I'm kind of bummed, as I paid the extra money to get REAL Docs because I thought they were gonna last 15 years, not 15 months! Overall, they're still wearable, the sole is in fantastic shape, and they are comfortable as hell, I'm just now worried this little rip will get bigger.

• I'm sorry, I meant to say June 2014. I've had the boots for 15 months.