Legends of Zork...

NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
edited May 2010 in Gaming
Has anyone tried this new Activision browser-based game? I find it rather entertaining. There is wit and a large amount of that silliness you could expect from games like the Discworld series, Munchkin, and long drawn-out campaigns of Dungeons & Dragons (The point where the good rogue starts randomly stealing from people because he is bored of the last 5 mind-numbing hours.). Go to Gamestop and grab a promotional card for your chance to win stuff. Apparently, free games for a year. I, on the other hand, just wanted to try it out. You should try it if you like that kind of thing.

My name is Jingkaide.

http://www.legendsofzork.com

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    It plays a lot like the old Legends of the Red Dragon game.
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited March 2010
    CB wrote:
    It plays a lot like the old Legends of the Red Dragon game.

I thought the same thing. Do you like it?
  • edited May 2010
    Legends of Zork - a free, browser based, casual adventure game has gone live. This thing trivializes the entire Zork legacy and turns it into a lame Flash game with only the most tenuous of connections to the original game. Zork was the definitive IF game, and just about everything that came out of Infocom was brilliant..
    edited May 2010
    Legends of Zork - a free, browser based, casual adventure game has gone live. This thing trivializes the entire Zork legacy and turns it into a lame Flash game with only the most tenuous of connections to the original game. Zork was the definitive IF game, and just about everything that came out of Infocom was brilliant..

This makes me think that you hate it. Would I be correct? Since I posted this, I have stopped playing the game. It got boring. So did Shakes & Fidget. I can't seem to find any free games that really hook me.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    checkmate wrote:
    I can't seem to find any free games that really hook me.

Cyrkam Airtös
    edited May 2010
    MAGIC wrote:

That game is ridiculous. I am not addicted to it, but I may be later as I continue to try to master the arm kinetic throw of doom and destruction...ness.