Windows password for SMP2 Client
Requirements for installation
- A computer with at least a recent dual core processor or better.
- Microsoft .NET framework v2.0 (or newer)
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 is strongly recommended.
- The Windows user account that will be running the SMP client MUST have a password. The Windows user account that will be installing the SMP client MUST have and have enough administrator rights. Blank passwords will not work and you must have a password only with those valid characters : A-Z, a-z and 0-9.
Does this mean I must insert a password for Windows login?
I have never used a password and never intend on using one if I can get the SMP2 Client working it. First thing I don't understand the requirement.
This is what I have tried.
- I've used the standard F@H Clients and completed 4 WU.
- I've used the GPU2 and completed 1 WU. However I think I have something configured wrong because I was using CPU cycles.
- I've not used any flags at this stage.
- I've currently got two CPU2 Clients running because I couldn't get the first client running with the -smp flag.
The 1st SMP2 Client is running - core_82(Amber)
The 2nd SMP2 Client is running - core_78(Gromacs)
Why is it MPICH2 needs to login to a domain to run SMP2? I don't understand this login requirement.
I may need a little help/convincing here.