Nexplore POPUPS !?

ahhhh ! i am literally about to go insane, no joke.
I keep on getting these stupid Nexplore pop ups every daay !
they will happen in like, 10 minute intervals.

I have probably visited most of the threads that talk about
blocking Nexplore pop ups, but everything i'm setting up the Malware
Bytes Anti-malware, this is what pop ups when i'm almost done setting up :

Unable to execute file:
C:Program Files\Malware Bytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
CreateProcess failed; code 2.
The system cannot find the file specified.

SOME ONE PLEASE HELP MEEE ?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    What the message says is that when you, or a computer program, try to run Malware Bytes' Anti-Malware (mbam.exe), the operating system cannot find the file. Is the message being sent by the operating system, or by the installation program for the anti-malware? Or is it displayed when you try to run the anti-malware or the anti-malware installer?

Which operating system is your computer running? What version? And what is Nexplore?
  • edited April 2010
    I'm pretty sure the message is coming from the operating system. and when i finished installing it, i try to run it, but then something pops up with THAT message on it.

I use Windows XP Home Edition, and Nexplore is a annoying popup. haha.

OH BTW, thanks for replyingg !
  • edited April 2010
    emmabby wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the message is coming from the operating system. and when i finished installing it, i try to run it, but then something pops up with THAT message on it. ....

There are a couple of options:

(1) Use the Start menu > Run feature, if it is installed. You can use the Browse button to navigate to Drive C > Program Files > Malwarebytes and see whether mbam.exe is present. If it is, then select it with the mouse and press the Left Mouse Button (LMB), so it will be loaded into the Run field, then click OK to run the program.

(2) You can run Windows Explorer (which is probably in the Start > Programs > Accessories folder) and look on Local Drive C for the directory named Programs and Files. In that directory, look for the Malwarebytes directory and check it to see whether mbam.exe is present. If it is, you can execute it. Depending upon how your Windows XP installation is configured, you can run it by a single click or the LMB or by a double-click of the LMB. Or you can select it (highlight it) with the mouse, then press Enter.

IF mbam.exe is not present, then the installer did not install it (or it might have been installed in another location and/or, perhaps, with a different name). Perhaps the Nexplore software interferes with mbam.exe installation, especially since many folks recommend getting rid of it by using Malwarebytes' Antimalware.

Lettuce know whether you find mbam.exe.

If not, see whether it is listed by using Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. If it is listed, uninstall it and run the installer again. Pay attention to anything it says about where it wants to install the program, so you will know where to find it.

If the installer tells you that the Malwarebytes' Antimalware program will be installed under a different name to avoid detection by malware, then you must trust that it will do that in a way that allows you to run it -- usually by clicking on a desktop shortcut that it creates.