iAd: Ads are now revolutionary

SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
edited April 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Sounds like FUD. Unfortunately, the folks who will act the most upset about this are the same who get the biggest kicks from mocking right wingers who believe everything different leads to a downward spiral or slippery slope.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    All I can say is that I'm glad I'm on Android.

If this comes into reality in the ways that they're suggesting, that's an awfully frightening scenario. I can think of few things that would cause me to drop the device quicker.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2010
    Yeah I can certainly see why advertisers like this, but not sure why gen pop should be and even more reasons why they should definitely not want it. The only scenario I can see this being a lesser evil being in one where these kinds of mandatory adds are offset by a free device. Which I'm imagining someone will then jailbreak and figure out how to stop them - win - win.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I have a different view of FUD when it's applied to gizmos instead of politics. I think making a fuss over the worst possible implementations of iAd is the only way to influence Apple to make the feature more benign when it's deployed. The voting with our wallets bit won't see returns until much further down the road. Either way though, Apple is incredibly resistant to outside suggestion. We'll just have to see what happens.