MSI 785GM-E65 Can't Access Voltages

jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
edited April 2010 in Hardware
Have started trying my hand at oc'ing this mobo with a PII X4 955 and right off the bat I hit a wall in the bios.........I CAN"T ACCESS THE VOTAGES!!!!
What am I missing?:mad2:

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Are those OC options supposed to be available on that motherboard? Some of the BIOS require CTRL-F1 (or some other key combination) to open up those options.
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited April 2010
    Sure as hell thought they were or I wouln't have bought it! They are "grayed" meaning read only.
  • edited April 2010
    I checked some reviews of that board. The voltage settings should be available. Is there an option to enable them? Have you tried updating the BIOS?
    edited April 2010
    Need to take some time to do some digging and have this question out to MSI. Supposedly came with the latest bios that "allows over clocking to 1600 on some memeory". Volts would be needed for that LOL!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    The volts are "grayed out" right?

Use the +/- keys on the keypad to raise and lower them.
  • edited April 2010
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    The volts are "grayed out" right?

Use the +/- keys on the keypad to raise and lower them.

Ryder to the rescue, once again :rockon:
    edited April 2010
    :( Sadly that didn't work.....but will gladly try it again when I get home from work tonight atound 24:00 - 00:00. :wink:
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Ok.. then use the +/- key on the main keyboard.

One or the other will work, I have used many MSI boards and they don't let you press enter to select the voltage, but the +/- keys work.

Either on the keypad (the numberpad to the right of the main keyboard) or the ones on to the right of the 0 key.
    edited April 2010
    OOHHH KKKKKK, well see! Someone at another forum suggested page up/page down also. :rolleyes2
    edited April 2010
    :O:O OKay under the DORH heading it seems that for whatever reason I wasn't "doing it right". :aol:
    Highlight the value and use the + or - on the numerical pad! Now to hit the books to find correct voltages as I started to do the values like my AM2+ boards.....which will cook a few things! :screwy:

While how to change the values has been resolved do have a question about 2 of the descriptors........what is the difference between CPU VDD Voltage and CPU Voltage?? Not used to haveing this choice.....
    edited April 2010
    Decided to just go ahead and cram the new stuff into the case and play with oc'ing from there as I trying to swap stuff between three systems and get our house ready of an "open house" (for sale) tomorrow.

In what little I've managed to do it has done a 1M run of Hyper Pi at 3.92GHz using MSI's Overclocking Center,but really think with air I'm going to have a rough time being stable above 3.7.

OCCtr18x2181480v1MHPiSM.jpg

Well back to the honey dos before it gets dark and then will try to do an oc'ing thread with some kind of organization.........which would be unusual for me!