PHENOM II X2 545 UNLOCKING PROBLEMS

edited May 2010 in Hardware
Hi just wondering if someone can help me with unlocking the phenom II 545. Whenever i apply all the ACC settings, EC firmware etc, my computer wont go into post for about 10 seconds and when it does it has turned off ACC all by itself???

My specs are

x2 545
2gb ocz platinum pc2-6400
seagate barracuda 320gb SATA
palit 9600gt (stock 9600gt clocks)
enermax tomahawk 405w
1x dvd-rw
2x LED fan 1x 120mm, 1x 80mm <!-- / message --> <!-- attachments --> <!-- / attachments --> <!-- sig --> <!-- / sig --> <!-- ic-postbit-content -->

Comments

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Whats the make and model of the motherboard?
  • edited April 2010
    GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H bios ver. F9
  • adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I don't know if you are still trying to unlock this CPU but, just in case you are, I thought I would throw in my experience with the process. First, you have to recognize that your 545 may not be unlockable (my 550 was not) and that is just a fact you may have to live with. These are being sold as dual cores so if that's all you get out of it, you got what you paid for. That is being realistic.

Next, when I tried unlocking my 550 Callisto, I relied on the advice from this link, especially the info listed in the text box titled "BEFORE YOU SET ACC ( Advanced Clock Calibration ) TO AUTO AND TRY TO UNLOCK YOUR CPU DO THE FOLLOWING:" LINK: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1426852

Pay particular attention to voltage change. To run a Quad, you need higher voltage than stock for a dual core. You must do this first. Just don't over do it. Similarly, you must disable Cool N Quiet.

Now I also have the same motherboard you are using. Here are the BIOS pathways to make settings changes: From the main BIOS screen, select, as you already know, MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.) by hitting ENTER. Scroll down to System Voltage Control to highlight it. Hit ENTER to change AUTO to MANUAL. Do these things BEFORE you enable ACC: Scroll to CPU Voltage Control to highlight the NORMAL setting, hit ENTER and select a specific voltage. The guide suggests boosting by .05v. After this is done, enable ACC and set BIOS version to HYBRID. Save and exit. If all works well, upon reboot, you should see 4 cores. If not, you may re-enter the BIOS and go to the voltage settings section and bump the Northbridge Voltage by a small amount under: Northbridge Volt Control. This selection appears as does the CPU Voltage Control after you change the System Voltage Control from AUTO to MANUAL.

Now if these settings changes don't unlock additional cores, you may be like me, you may have just have to live with a dual core. However, they do overclock very nicely so even at 2 cores, you still have a pretty sweet CPU. Good luck!
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks adarryl will try that, yea they do overclock nice, ive had this bad boy up to 3810mhz on an $18.99 evercool cooler! (HPFA-10025)
  • adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Just remember to undo your overclock before you attempt to unlock the dormant cores. While I have not been successful with my 550, I read you need to be at default settings before you try unlocking. When you are finished, then start your overclock.

P.S. I also had my 550 running at 3800 before I sold off the system. Simple overclockers they are!