Psyko Audio 5.1 PC headset available now

SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
edited April 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Dude those killer nics were srs buznish. They sent dudes in lab coats to retail stores to help sell their products. LAB COATS MANG it was f'in science in those cards.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    They look like the awkward lovechild of Xzibit and ECKO. For $299, I'd better get my ears on 'em before a penny leaves my pocket.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I'm not going to fib. Ugliest PC peripheral ever.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    But they will RAISE YOUR KILL RATIO.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Tried em at CES '09 and liked em a lot. Wish I'd had more time with them. They're INSANELY comfortable. I'd suggest trying them before raising your BS flag.

Will they make you suck less? Probably not. Will you enjoy your games more? Yeah. Getting the weight of the cans off your ears and centered on the headband makes them easier to wear for long periods of time. The vented ear cups are crazy soft and wont leave your ears burning. I really liked being able to pop the vents in the ear cups.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I'm sure the cans are fine. The PR-speak was off the wall with this press release, though. Phew. It was tough wading through it.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I'm confused, do they actually use live rounds and grenades to achieve realism?

Seriously though, I'd love a good 5.1 headset but can't justify $300.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited April 2010
    You had me till 299.