No Sound

edited May 2010 in Hardware
When I log on to my computer I have sound all of the time whenever needed, but when my wife logs on to her account she has no sound ( no sound on internet, playing CDs, I tunes etc.) Anyone know what I can do to fix this problem?

Comments

• adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    If this is Windows XP, check these settings AFTER you log on to her account: Control Panel, Sounds & Audio Devices, Sounds & Audio Devices Properties. Click on Audio tab and check the default device. Click on Advanced and verify the speaker setup is correct in the dropdown. Then click on the Volume tab on the Sounds & Audio Devices Props window. Make sure MUTE is NOT checked. Under Device Volume in that window, click on Advanced. Make sure nothing is muted or turned off. Also, under Speaker Settings check the Speaker Volume as well as Advanced tab for speaker setup. If you are getting sound in your account, odds are her problem falls in one of these areas. You might also want to go to Device Manager and verify sound values under Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
  • edited May 2010
    OOps, I made an error with this entry.
  • edited May 2010
    Thank you for you reply to my problem. I really appreciate giving me advice on what to try. I'll give them all a try and see what happens. Thanks again.
    Darryl
  • edited May 2010
    adarryl wrote:
    If this is Windows XP, check these settings AFTER you log on to her account: Control Panel, Sounds & Audio Devices, Sounds & Audio Devices Properties. Click on Audio tab and check the default device. Click on Advanced and verify the speaker setup is correct in the dropdown. Then click on the Volume tab on the Sounds & Audio Devices Props window. Make sure MUTE is NOT checked. Under Device Volume in that window, click on Advanced. Make sure nothing is muted or turned off. Also, under Speaker Settings check the Speaker Volume as well as Advanced tab for speaker setup. If you are getting sound in your account, odds are her problem falls in one of these areas. You might also want to go to Device Manager and verify sound values under Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
  • edited May 2010
    adarryl, Icrontic Duke of Haxor
    I have achieved success in solving my wife's inability to attain sound when she is logged on to her account. You steered me in the right direction with your advide. Thanks a lot for your much needed help.
    Darryl