BIOS ROM checksum error

edited May 2010 in Hardware
Hi, first time posting here, but I'm hunting for some help.

I'm working with my old system, an HP a1330n, decided to update the bios from the HP website. (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadInst?swfsequence=1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&softwareitem=pv-56089-1&os=228&product=1815825 for reference) I followed instructions, all seemed fine until I restarted.

Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0
Copyright (c) 2000. Award Software, Inc.

BIOS ROM checksum error

Detecting IDE ATAPI device ...
Found CDROM, try to Boot from it ... Fail

Detecting floppy drive A media...
INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

Well, that's the problem. The board is supposedly an ASUS board, but whenever I find something for it, it says the board is manufactured by HP.

I'm just looking for any possible way to fix this to get the system back in working order again. I don't care what version of the bios I get, doesn't matter. I just want it to turn on again, lol!

Any possible help I can get from anyone would help beyond reasoning. If you need any more details I will be refreshing this page quite often. Thanks!

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    The CMOS and possibly the bios chip has become corrupt.

Pull out the battery that is on the motherboard, unplug the system from the wall, then press the power button 3-4 times. Now leave it sit for at least 4 hours, if you can, overnight is fine to.

Then put the battery back in, plug it in, and try to turn it on.

If that fails, then you will most likely need a new motherboard.
  • edited May 2010
    Battery is out and it'll be collecting dust for the night. Thanks a million. I will post back tomorrow with the results!
  • edited May 2010
    Yep, it's dead. Oh well. Thanks for the help.