Can This be Accesed Through Network??

jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
edited May 2010 in Hardware
Still trying to figure out what I want to do network wise. All of the computers to be linked together are mATX and just put a GTX in what was to be the file server. This required me to remove my pair of 500GB satas and now need a new home.

Was concidering something like this and was wondering if with either USB or e SATA would be accessable in a home network??

http://www.simpletech.com/parts/fpufe21tb.htm

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    If you connect that to a PC on the network, you can then share that resource with the other PC's on the network yes.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Though if you already have the hard drives, you just need an enclosure. You can get a network storage enclosure that will plug into your router and then you don't have to worry about the "server" PC being on to access the data.

-Bobby
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited May 2010
    Bobby1211 wrote:
    Though if you already have the hard drives, you just need an enclosure. You can get a network storage enclosure that will plug into your router and then you don't have to worry about the "server" PC being on to access the data.

-Bobby
    Sadly a NAS is a bit out of budget for me and this particular unit will be on 24/7 any way. ;)
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2010
    You can get a simple server plug that allows you to attach a usb drive for around $100.