Microsoft KIN phones now available

GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz QueenMountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
edited May 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Those are... ummm... interesting?

Surprisingly powerful considering their 'My first featurephone' look.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Surprisingly powerful indeed. The revelation that they use Tegra APX2xxx-series chips is quite a coup for such small and otherwise (imo) uninteresting devices.

The CPU gives them the voodoo to do what they do, that's for sure.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I'm eying these up. Hard to justify when you can get a Palm Pre for 29.99 these days, but I love my Zune pass, and the idea of having that available without having to carry a 2nd piece of hardware really appeals to me.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Word on the street is that they are bullshit, hard to operate, and pointless.
    edited May 2010
    No surprise, there. They're glorified feature phones with a kitschy UI. They're the dumb kids cheating from the smart kids, but getting the answers all wrong.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Plus, if I'm really stuck paying $29.99 for a data plan, I may as well get a full featured smart phone.

Oh well, this really has some potential, the whole idea of a phone that interfaces with Zune Pass really does it for me, but at the same time I don't want a phone that is lacking in so many other places especially when it costs as much as it does to maintain each month.

Picking the wrong smart phone on a two year agreement can be a disaster.
    edited May 2010
    ^ A lesson I learned all too well. :/