Fodder for the Rumor Mill!

PacifistoPacifisto Turnip ExtraordinaireMichigan Icrontian
edited May 2010 in Team Fortress 2
I just came across this (which might be old, but no one else has put it on here...):

"Valve Employee here. I work on concept art for Team Fortress 2. I lost a bet with someone so here’s some news, take it or leave it.

The Engineer Update is coming out this month. The first day will be the announcement, introduced with Meet The Medic. The last day will provide you with Meet The Pyro.

We’re aiming for it to span for 4 days long. Tues-Friday release.

We know when we release these things everyone plays the certain class. However, don’t worry about everyone settling down on their side of the map with a sentry. With the updates the “classes” are getting, this will not be an issue.

For the slower Heavy types, I’m saying each class will get one new weapon available to be found or unlocked through achievements (must have all);along with the Engineer update.

Expect 18 new hats
Expect 4 new community weapons

There’s a lot more in this update, trust me. It may have seemed like I told you much.

But that’s not even half of it."

Source: http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-10067/page-1/

Seems plausible, I suppose. I doubt it's true, though. I do like the idea of having weapons for the other classes to give them a little boon so they don't get forgotten.

With the hats, they might need to expand the backpack soon. It's gonna get hard to fit everything! (Well, for those lucky ones who have pretty much all the hats.)

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I'd be happy if this rumor became true.
  • QuadyTheTurnipQuadyTheTurnip Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I would be happy if it were true, but i'm going with faaaaaake.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Hmm, I would call it plausible but unlikely
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Original source: http://tf2chan.net/dis/res/21907.html

The poster claims to be a concept artist for TF2 and his avatar is a hatless soldier. This may lend a slight bit of credibility, though could still be some troll with photoshop.

They did have the video at the end of the 119 update so I expect it soon. Not this week as Valve I'm sure is concentrating on the Mac/Steam drop this week. I could see them tying the Engi Update into the Mac TF2 release.... as a matter of fact that might explain the "Now it's your turn" at the end of the video. "You" = Mac users?

Thx for the fodder,

-Bobby
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Bobby1211 wrote:

Oops, you win. I should've kept tracing.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    All Good sir, I think when Engi Update hits, we will all be winners.

-Bobby
  • QuadyTheTurnipQuadyTheTurnip Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    That pic appears to be from the Source SDK model viewer, which easily lets you remove the soldier's hat and such. And I really wouldn't put any stake in any rumor purported to be true on tf2chan :P