Conrad - read this.

ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
edited May 2010 in Gaming
You got hacked again, I demoted Slayumall while he was emptying what he had access to.

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Sweet, I dont get it. I have AVG and spybot which neither show anything for viruses or keyloggers. I even installed the malwarebytes software the bliz dude suggested when this happened last time and nothing showed up.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Let me ask you this:

Did WoW crash at all, or hard freeze on you in the last couple of days?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Several of us crashed/DC'd the other night during raid, but that surely had to be an issue with the server.

I have been DC'ing a fair amount lately, anyone know what and where to look for these files?
    edited May 2010
    Let me ask you this:

Did WoW crash at all, or hard freeze on you in the last couple of days?

No, my internet connection has been shakey at my house so i havent been playing the last few days.. I am going to ask when i talk the the account dept today if there is an upspike in this shit lately and if there is anything specific to look for.

I will probabley just wind up wiping my hdd seen as i have played this game on and off for 4 years without any issues until the last month.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I'm beginning to think there's a pattern.

I read somewhere (don't remember) that there is a type of exploit that crashes the game or immediately disconnects you, and when you go to log in next time, somehow they nab your password.

I don't know about the accuracy of that statement, but I do know that the time I got hacked was the night after wow just randomly hard froze and then crashed.

It happened to me one more time, about a week after that—I crashed out, but this time I didn't log back in. I rebooted and waited until the next day and my account hasn't been compromised since the first time.
    edited May 2010
    Slayumall is still online and I keep sending tells and berating him/her/it.
    edited May 2010
    I am on hold right now with customer service. Hopefully i can get them off and get it taken care of. So annoying.

It seems as though they have changed my account information because when i try to reset my password it says that my name isn't associated with the account.
    edited May 2010
    What I find curious is how they get the keylogger on your system if you haven't been to any of these crazy sites.

Also, they did manage to clean out the 3rd tab of several items.
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, i havent downloaded addons or anything wow related in months. and i use the curse client for addons anyways...
    edited May 2010
    I am about strained for pacients with this shit. I sit on hold for a hour, then i talk to some idiot who resets my password but failed to notice they put an authenticator on the account. now i have to sit on hold again.
    edited May 2010
    Are they still on my acount?
    edited May 2010
    Yep
    edited May 2010
    son of a bitch.
    edited May 2010
    Cant even get in cue to wait on hold right now...
    edited May 2010
    They should be kicked off, got into my account and set the parental controls. By the armory, it doesnt look like they got my armor liquidated. Probley just items and junk.
    edited May 2010
    Yay.
    edited May 2010
    but now im banned. /facepalm
    edited May 2010
    Boo.