September in Cincinnati

BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
edited June 2010 in Community
CB & I had discussed opening an invitation to our home for the lovely Icrontic community at some point, and we have happened upon what we think would be the perfect weekend: Oktoberfest Zinzinnati September 18 - 19. The largest Oktoberfest outside of Munich (although there is some debate on that point). It combines the two things that Icrontians love most: Beer and Food.

Since I am not sure that Oktoberfest would keep everyone's attention all weekend there are other beer and food places around the area such as:
Jungle Jim's
The Party Source

Anyone who knows CB, knows that he has bazillions of board games, and would be more than willing to make it a Board Game weekend.

September in Cincinnati is usually still rather summer-like. We have sleeping accommodations for 5 people (queen bed in guest room, queen air mattress, twin air mattress), but if people bring air mattresses, tents or sleeping bags we can host many more. We have a nice big flat back yard and plenty of space in the basement.

There are local restaurants that might be of interest to people:
Taz (Greek/Mediterranean)
Kyoto Japanese
Dewey's Pizza
Iron Chef Grill (Sushi and Hibachi)
Oleg's Tavern (German Tavern Food)
Paxton Grill (standard grill fare)
The Works (Pizza in a brick oven. Built in an old fire station)
Gravy Restaurant (Everything is covered in Gravy, good for breakfast)
Blue Ash Chili (Similar to Skyline or Gold Star Chilli but local)

You can arrive whenever and leave whenever. Should anyone want to fly in for this, we are equidistant between Dayton Airport (DAY) and Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Airport (CVG).

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    This sounds awesome.

Problem: Icrontic Rennfest is also that weekend.

You are more than welcome to have this event, and I'm sure not everyone can make it to Washington D.C.

Just wanted to let you know ;)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    fatcat wrote:
    This sounds awesome.

Problem: Icrontic Rennfest is also that weekend.

You are more than welcome to have this event, and I'm sure not everyone can make it to Washington D.C.

Just wanted to let you know ;)

Unfortunately, we can't change the dates of Oktoberfest Zinzinnati. I mean: we could ask, but there's these people in Germany who think that October is in September or something, and refuse to budge on the scheduling. ;)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    The nerve of some people... Those Germans.... Don't make us come back over there and MAKE them change the date.:sawed:
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Hey, if people are more interested in coming just to hang out, play board games, maybe visit Jungle Jims and/or The party source, and skip Oktoberfest we can host people another weekend. Just thought Oktoberfest might be of some interest :)
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Dammit. Maybe Linc would have better luck having them reschedule An Event Apart DC.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I'd actually like to come to this, but it's nearly impossible for me to commit to any sort of future travel plans because my financial situation is so unstable; I don't know if I'll have money or not at that time.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Annes wrote:
    Dammit. Maybe Linc would have better luck having them reschedule An Event Apart DC.
    Well you can change the Renn Faire date as long as you don't mind going again with me :D