LG blue ray disc player issues

erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native TexanHouston,Texas Member
edited July 2010 in Hardware
I seem to be having problems with blue ray drives. This is my second one that I have bought. what happened like the last time I put in a blue ray disc and it froze up. Later reintalled the player ciberlink cinema 8 and that didn't work at all.
Now the drive will not power up. I have checked all the connectors and everything seems normal.

I have an MSI P55 GD65 mlb

Comments

• PeruviancocainePeruviancocaine Amsterdam.
    edited June 2010
    Is the odd seen in bios?
    Is the odd seen in device manager?
    Are you able to boot from odd?
    Could you swap sata cables with hdd?
    Can you test the odd on diffrent sata ports?
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited June 2010
    I did get a new sata cable. So far this solved the issue.
    edited June 2010
    Apparently my msi MLB is causing this problem. MSI tech support is going to run a few test for a month or so. I did have a lit-on blue-ray player with the same issue then I got this one instead of and exchange. LG said their going to do an rma so to be continued.
    edited July 2010
    UPDATE!

A little disappointed in LG's customer service they said they would replace my BRD and send me a new one on the first time they sent it back and said their was no issues. the second time after getting reassurances that I would indeed get a new drive I didn't and they sent me the same drive back only this time it took them a little more than a week to email a new shipping label. Monday their going to get it.
    I did take it upon my self to test this on another system and guess what same thing it didn't work so its not the MLB.