Adobe Premiere Fun! Need help to get clear videos

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited June 2010 in Internet & Media
So...

I am making videos using Fraps to record my desktop 1920x1200 and in that I am formatting those videos to be as clear as possible within YouTube. The problem is my method of output is not all that clear nor is it clean and smooth like many other videos I have seen within YouTube.

So here is what I am doing, and than below feel free to yell at me and call me names and than point out how I should properly be doing it.

FRAPS records the videos full screen at 1920 x 1200 in that I take those video files and port them into Adobe Premiere and chop up the video / audio and splice in my fun title screens and add music. I than Export the video to the final product.

When I create a new project i use the Desktop preset and set it to a timebase of 30FPS (should I be using 60FPS?). In that I adjust the video settings to 1920 x 1200 so I don't get black bars on the top and bottom of my videos when exporting them. I than create my projects and hit the Export button. In the drop down list for Format I don't see any options to format so I pick what I think is the best quality (H.264) and set it to YouTube Widescreen HD which scales the entire video to 1280 x 720 (which is not an even break down from the original video). The video exports but the quality is subpar for the most part and gets degraded even more when publishing to YouTube. Also in FPS games the video looks like it is ghosting, when the raw files are as smooth as butter. I assume that is form the down sizing to a odd format size.

Anyways.... any help is more than welcome, I just want to find away to make videos and have them look & play well.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    any ideas?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Youtube can take hd video and convert it down to all 4 sizes it displays. Have you tried just giving youtube 1080p (or higher) video?
    edited June 2010
    actually No I have not... I will give that a try. Didn't even think to look at that.
    edited June 2010
    Nope not much help... in general i can output different files, but still blurry... I am playing with different output files now to see the source and final to see what yields the best results. As far as i can tell the output FPS isn't matching what is recorded, even though both are set at 60 FPS
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    you need to call Bobby Miller, he is the Premiere pro round here