Possible video card/RAM issues, help please!

Grim217Grim217 MS
edited June 2010 in Hardware
Lately my PC has been automatically rebooting, occasionally several times in a row, and I suspect it has to do with either my video card (nVidia/evga n-GeForce7300 GT) or my RAM chips (2x ULT40051 2058(?)mb DDR2). It does this primarily when I try to run a game. I have the proper Drivers installed I do believe, and my PC isn't running slowly. It is usually followed by "Windows has recovered from a serious error" and I've sent the error report to try to solve the problem myself, and it said something along the lines of being possibly caused by conflicting hardware, leading me to believe it is my Video card. Please, if there is anything you can do to possibly help me, I'd be very grateful!

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I recently had this exact same problem: It could also actually be your power supply; if you start playing a game and your video card power draw ramps up, it could be causing your PSU to sag and rebooting the system. That's what was wrong with mine.

Problems like this are a pain to diagnose because sometimes the best way it process of elimination; unfortunately that requires you to have another video card, PSU, and RAM laying around to test.
  • PhIxXPhIxX Bryan, TX
    edited June 2010
    Last time I had something like this it turned out to be my MB. :( But at least in the diagnosis process I scored a VGA upgrade from Newegg. :)
  • Grim217Grim217 MS
    edited June 2010
    Thank you so for your advice, I will start testing my ram chip and another power supply, I greatly appreciate your help!