Pick Me A Gamin' Mouse!

OptixOptix New Brunswick, Canada
edited July 2010 in Hardware
I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer by any stretch of the imagination although I did put in about 72 hours of gaming spread over 4 days when the Mines Of Moria expansion was released for Lord Of The Rings Online (I miss that game :().

This is hardly on par with the energy drink tweaked kids you read about from time to time but for someone who normally has a hard time staying up until 10pm it was a major accomplishment.

For Father's Day my wife ordered me the Razer Arctosa, a budget gaming keyboard that should suit my needs without the added bells and whistles that I likely will not use.

For my birthday I'm thinking about dropping hints on a new gaming mouse. Again, budget does play a large role. I'm not willing to go over $50 but that still seems to leave quite a few contenders, which are listed below.

Any feedback on these as well as any suggestions on mice that I may have missed would be greatly appreciated.

1. Gigabyte GM-M8000
4000DPI, the option to add/remove weights, the ability to set macros/hotkeys, etc. Looks to be an ok variant of its bigger brother (GM-M8000X).

2. Silverstone Raven RVM01B
3200DPI, loads of buttons to set macros/hotkeys but with a funky layout requiring all 5 fingers so there is a bit of a learning curve.

3. Cooler Master Sentinel Storm Advanced
5600DPI, the option to add/remove weights and a widely used gaming mouse. Lots of bells and whistles on this one.

4. Razer Deathadder
3500DPI but a more slimmed down, basic mouse although it is mighty popular.

The Raven and the Deathadder come in just a hair over $50 but the Deathadder would have freeshipping and 5% off.

I'm leaning towards the Cooler Master mouse because it seems like they have really done their homework on what makes a mouse great, plus it has a ton of favorable reviews.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Never buy a mouse you haven't held.

I really like the Logitech MX5 and G5 series, the current iteration is the G500 at $60 with free shipping from Newegg. I've also got an NZXT Avatar which is pretty good if you have smaller hands. I know some people that like Razer mice but I have no idea about the others listed.