NO sound Onborad and Squeeking PSU

stealth1111stealth1111 Canada Member
edited July 2010 in Hardware
Hi There people i just made my new computer i got no sound for some reason

Mobo is P6X58D-E ASUS

Sound is Realtek AC97

5.1 Speakers

It is a very odd Realtek Sound system it worked Great on my old computer but this 1 is just odd

in realtek Audio manager for sound EFFECTS Environment is set on NONE then i have NO sound at all

if Environment is on ROOM or other Effects i get sound... i hate the Effect system makes it sound funny....... Any ideas how to fix it??

oh and 1 speaker works loud and 5 speaker very low pitched if Environment is on

Stuff i tryed = Reinstall, Newest sound driver, Play around wit the settings.

PSU makes a Squeeking sound when i play games or read stuff on the computer

i replaced my PSU befor 1's, still Squeeks

is it a bad MOBO with those 2 problems??

Oh and CPU runs in 34C idle and 55C while playing games normal FAN from Intel is that normal being so low I7 CPU

Comments

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    If you are 100% positive that it is your PSU producing the squeek noise, the only thing that could do that is the fan.
    However, if you replaced the PSU and have the same problem...and given that it happens when you play games... it is more likely a GPU or CPU fan that is squeaking.

You can fix the faulty fan by removing the sticker and putting a single drop of 3-1 oil on the bearing then resealing with the same sticker. Careful not to get oil on the adhesive part of the sticker/seal.

Your other problem ... are you 100% sure you have the audio cable(s) plugged in to the right spot(s)?
    Do you have a USB headset you can try?
    Exactly how many speakers do you have?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Squeaking noise from the PSU can be from caps/inductors dying.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    shwaip wrote:
    Squeaking noise from the PSU can be from caps/inductors dying.

Good call, is the sound pretty high pitch? Could even be caps on a different part. I don't think two separate PSUs would do the same thing. More inclined to think its a cpu/gpu fan or cap. Depends on the noise really, hard to diagnose without hearing it.