Photo Challenge "Balance": Discussion

MarushkaMarushka cambridge, ma Icrontian
edited August 2010 in Lifestyle
Here is where you can talk about your picture, talk about other pictures you see, or just in general why Marushka is awesome.

Comments

• MarushkaMarushka cambridge, ma Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    lizzardo - welcome to the challenge! I love the action in your shot - I can feel the energy and the fun, you captured the moment very well. (I know that lizzardo shot this with her built-in iphone camera, and added no post). Im going to jump in and note that this is a great example of how lovely the shots from iphones can turn out. I might be tempted to play with it a little in post to maybe re-crop it and maybe play with the dark tones, but I cant see how that would change the feel of the story you tell with this pic. awesome!

Snarky - what's going on here? it makes me smile. is that a business card balancing on a mini horse? love the color and textures. looks like you were having fun :)

I was balancing all kinds of things at dinner, and ended up liking this one the best. Grampa and gramma were even helping, and i got to show my sister a bit about photography, so all in all it was a great experience :)
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    A) Marushka is super awesome and I <3 her.

Lizzardo, really nice silhouettes. I might have straightened the horizon, but I really like the sky.

Maru, nice glint on the forks and good bokeh. :)

Mine is a mini business card from moo.com balancing on a mini sawhorse. I popped the colors out of the card and grayscaled the rest, obviously. I just enjoyed being somebody's insincere new best friend.

Jay, good bokeh. The flash is a little strong from the front - maybe try bouncing it off the ceiling or a wall to try and get a little of the harshness out. :)

Shwaiples, good shot. Muted colors and an excellent representation of the theme. Nice as always.