Tablets

mr_magoomr_magoo state of confusion
edited July 2010 in Hardware
I'm not much of an artist. I ain't much of a typist, either, but I write. I would like to be able to put my block printing on a surface and have it rendered in text in a word processor. I also don't have the money Bill Gates has. Question is, what tablet would be best for me? I will be using XP with it (another issue).

Comments

• mr_magoomr_magoo state of confusion
    edited July 2010
    Now, c'mon. I've looked and there seem to be some good candidates out there. JollyBGood on the KenzerCo forums recommended a Bamboo, but the work area is a bit problematic and he mentioned that he wasn't sure about the reliability of its text rendering abilities. I've since checked out Amazon and they have some fairly sizeble tablets that aren't awfully expensive and the descriptions say "write" along with the graphic functions.

I am really at a loss here and have been nearly afraid to invest in electronics since my struggles with this laptop, so I have no idea of what I'm looking for except in a very general sense. If I can ever get ahead, I'll replace my desktop, but for now, my flaming red brick will have to do. :grumble:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Hand writing recognition is decent on a good day. I would not rely on it to deliver more than passable results. If you need to write, typing or the pen are still the best ways.
  • mr_magoomr_magoo state of confusion
    edited July 2010
    Thank you, sir.