Asus A8n Sli Deluxe Beeping

XxbobbyfinxXXxbobbyfinxX Member
edited July 2010 in Hardware
<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Okay so im going to skip all the crap and say that while my computer is booting, right before its almost done, it will give me a beep and restart. It will then continue to load, and do the same beep and restart again. I can start my computer in Safe Mode fine however. I can get into BIOS fine and do stuff in there as well. I just want to know what is happening.

Comments

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Welcome to Icrontic XxbobbyfinxX!

Boot in to safe mode, then:
    1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    2. Click the Advanced tab.
    3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.
    4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.
    5. Restart your computer and let it boot normally

Hopefully you get some sort of blue screen or error message without a reboot. It should provide more detail and you can report that back here.

In all likelihood this has to do with a new driver or a new device. Before this started happening did you install new drivers, change hard drive settings, or install a new device (internal or external)?
  • XxbobbyfinxXXxbobbyfinxX Member
    edited July 2010
    Welcome to Icrontic XxbobbyfinxX!

Boot in to safe mode, then:
    1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    2. Click the Advanced tab.
    3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.
    4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.
    5. Restart your computer and let it boot normally

Hopefully you get some sort of blue screen or error message without a reboot. It should provide more detail and you can report that back here.

In all likelihood this has to do with a new driver or a new device. Before this started happening did you install new drivers, change hard drive settings, or install a new device (internal or external)?

Blue Screen. Technical Information : *** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0XBA2D8756, 0xBA4C3430, 0xBA4C312C)
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Anything on other lines that mention .sys or .dll files or anything else?

Sounds more and more like a driver issue.
    edited July 2010
    Hold on, some other post said try one stick of RAM at a time, that didnt work so I put them both back in and it wont attempt to boot. Going to try and fix this.

EDIT: Okay same boot cycle now. Going to see if I can find what you wanted.

EDIT: Nothing will .dll or .sys Just the basic "Check your hardware" information.
    edited July 2010
    Hold on, some other post said try one stick of RAM at a time, that didnt work so I put them both back in and it wont attempt to boot. Going to try and fix this.

EDIT: Okay same boot cycle now. Going to see if I can find what you wanted.

The memory probably isn't seated all the way. Make sure it is in there and the latches are down.

Did you install a service pack, new driver, or anything just before this started? If so go in safe mode and uninstall it. Then reboot.
    edited July 2010
    The memory probably isn't seated all the way. Make sure it is in there and the latches are down.

Did you install a service pack, new driver, or anything just before this started? If so go in safe mode and uninstall it. Then reboot.

This motherboard hasnt been used in years. Im trying to fix it up because its better then my current Emachines (lol i know). It didnt work to begin with. I installed a fresh copy of XP though. I could always uninstall whatever need be.
    edited July 2010
    This motherboard hasnt been used in years. Im trying to fix it up because its better then my current Emachines (lol i know). It didnt work to begin with. I installed a fresh copy of XP though. I could always uninstall whatever need be.

Ok, cool. So we just need to clarify:

1. When you installed XP fresh, was it while you were using this motherboard? Or did you install XP with the old motherboard, swap in this ASUS, and then start having the problem?

2. Did it ever work after you installed XP? If it did, what was the last thing you installed before it stopped working?
    edited July 2010
    When I installed XP fresh, it was on a different computer. I just finally got my motherboard to turn on and display stuff on my monitor. Even with my Vista drive, it doesnt work. Wont even go into safe mode on that one.

Its originally my brothers computer, so what I should have done was left it the way it was, and worked on it. He had a lot of garbage though, so I installed fresh. Honostly This is the first time im trying it with the ASUS, and all i have on here is Mcafee, WoW, CCleaner. Like I said its very new and clean.
    edited July 2010
    When I installed XP fresh, it was on a different computer. I just finally got my motherboard to turn on and display stuff on my monitor. Even with my Vista drive, it doesnt work. Wont even go into safe mode on that one.

Its originally my brothers computer, so what I should have done was left it the way it was, and worked on it. He had a lot of garbage though, so I installed fresh. Honostly This is the first time im trying it with the ASUS, and all i have on here is Mcafee, WoW, CCleaner. Like I said its very new and clean.

Got it.

Any time you install a motherboard, especially with a new chipset, you pretty much should expect to install XP fresh after hooking up the new motherboard.

What you need to do is hook up a hard drive to the Asus motherboard, format the hard drive, and install Windows WHILE it is connected to the Asus motherboard.

The issue you are having now has to do with the system trying to boot with the wrong i/o, chipset, or other critical driver(s) which doesn't match the new motherboard.
    edited July 2010
    So I put the disk drive in, format it and reinstall windows?
    And WoW? D: <---- Takes forever >.>
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    So I put the disk drive in, format it and reinstall windows?
    And WoW? D: <---- Takes forever >.>

Yes to the first part. Make sure to backup anything first, and download drivers, etc.

WoW can be copied to a spare drive, then copied back onto your computer afterwards and I would then run the file check tool to ensure everything is in the right place. After that, just run the game and it should work.
    edited July 2010
    Well I installed XP fresh. Everything works fine now. I just wish I could use my Vista drive instead ):
    edited July 2010
    Maybe you can save up and upgrade to Win7. :)

Glad it is at least working.
    edited July 2010
    Win 7 = $$$
    D:

Thanks for the help (:
    edited July 2010
    Now my on board sound isn't working -.-
    edited July 2010
    Now my on board sound isn't working -.-

Have you tried going to Asus' website to download the sound driver for your motherboard and Windows XP? I'm sure that is all you need :)
    edited July 2010
    I got Windows 7 on it now. Runs WoW with 75fps. Im loving this (: I will do that though (