258.96 -- no disabling sli?

2»

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Here is my log from after two successful WUs then turns to unstable machines
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    This should be resolved, after my careful hand molested Tushon's gear.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Looks to be resolved! Thanks k
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    So can I have your IT job then?

Quick cap for the resolution on this in case other people run into this.

Everything concerning driver install and client install was correct. The major issue was the use of remote desktop to do this without connecting to the zero session. Whenever you remote with windows it technically creates another log in session, pretty much like a temporary user logged in that can almost have full admin rights but . If you have done much SQL Server work you should understand the need for being able to connect to the current session instead of making changes in a secondary one.

I got a third party viewing software suite installed, Netsupport, so that I can connect to the computer as if I was locally controlling; VNC does the same for free but Netsupport has some handy extra tools. I got both of them set-up and everything was working fine until the second GPU client was exited and restarted then it reported unsupported GPU. The telling sign on this issue is the fact that if you delete the config file and restart the client it launches with no issue. This meant the -forcegpu flag needed to be added to that client, I went ahead and added it to both.

After all of that both clients could be exited and restarted with no issue, paused and resumed, the computer could be restarted and they both worked, also the computer could be restarted and have both clients launch on startup with the created shortcut icons placed in the startup folder.