Gaming mouse? Recommendations?

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited August 2010 in Hardware
Need a new mouse for gaming, I am using a Logitech MX 1100 but its showing its wear of the last 2 years, and its not exactly comfortable when playing starcraft II with my claw like grip during game play! Whatcha all recommend?

Comments

• ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    The Logitech G9 is a nice mouse that works well with claw grip gamers. It can be had for a pretty low price since the G9X came out too.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    day[9] seems to like the razer branded mouse they designed for sc2 (plus it changes color with your apm!)

(he's also sponsored by razer, so take it with a grain of salt)
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Probably my next mouse

19678.png

Logitech Performance Mouse
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I'm using a Razer Mamba. Love it. It replaced my Logitech G5.
  • JingallsJingalls Eugene, OR
    edited August 2010
    Razer deathadder is sweet, Fitted for the right hand and it feels so good. Works with a few different grips.
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited August 2010
    mertesn wrote:
    I'm using a Razer Mamba. Love it. It replaced my Logitech G5.

Same here, except the fact that if you switch often between wired and wireless (you can with this mouse) you'll see that the process of removing the wire from the mouse is quite a pain in the a** :P
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I switched to the Performance MX pictured above. I've got to say, I've been VERY impressed. There's none of the expected wireless lag at all, and battery life with the included batteries is pretty good - I get 3-4 days out of a charge easily. Ergonomics are great, but if you want/need to switch DPI rapidly and frequently, it's not a good choice.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I am a die-hard Razer fan, but I've got a mouse called the NAOS 5000 from Mionix on the test bench, I should have a review up this week.

Still: Razer DeathAdder 3500 is my favorite mouse of all time. On a dedicated gaming surface, this thing is almost as accurate as a tablet.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I have to say, the value perceived in a high end mouse is a very personal thing. I have a $25 OCZ Behemoth and I think it games great and has all the settings I require. I've seen similar offerings from Gigabyte, and even the lower end Logitech MX 518 mice are valued nicely around $40 or so.

I'm not knocking a quality $90 mouse, I'm just saying, your mileage may vary. Personally I've never budgeted more than $40 or so for a mouse. I just can't justify it when there are so many perfectly acceptable gaming mice for around that price range. I say pick it up, if it feels good in your hand, if it has adjustable down to 400 up to at least 2000, then its probably going to be just fine.

Its a really personal thing, it either feels right in your hand or it does not.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Let me add, the NZXT Avatar is only $45 right now on newegg. Thats not a shabby looking deal.

Here is Icrontic's Review.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I ended up with this

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/promotional-items/devices/7394&ci=0

Due to the fact I got one for 34 bucks
    edited August 2010
    Well bought a Deathadder last night to try it out also, I packed it up and am taking it back. After 1 match on SCII The response was great but my hand cramped up like crazy, Tried again a hour later and same thing. Just not a comfy mouse for my giant hands
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    On the fly DPI
    I have Logitech G5's on my all our pc's. Outstanding gaming and all around mice.
    But they are pretty much unavailable now.
    This seems to be the next generation of the G5.
    And the price is right.
    That is all.
    edited August 2010
    Hey Dave, I will get my Logitech G500 In tom, It looks to fit the bill the best. If not Ill stick with my logitech 1100 I put new teflon gliders on it and it glides like new
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I'll be picking up a Saitek Cyborg RAT 7 or 9 when I can find one in stock. Super customizable. Looks like a lot of fun to toy around with.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Nice Gnome.
    I think we'll be putting new Teflon gliders on our G5's also for some extended life.
    The G500 looks to be a great gamer too.
    edited August 2010
    got my G500 Its much better than the razer BUT still not sure if it will be a present for christmas for someone or replace my 1100

and after seeing the new G700 I might haveta wait and just give the G500 away
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    I have a G9 currently & love it... but I am not sold on the outer shell the thing scratches easy :(