First Icrontimondo Challenge - August blitz for calories!

2»

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Annes wrote:
    Oh yeah...I should get started on this.

Do it, makes staying on track with running sort of fun. And the challenge things are awesome.

And, FU Shwaip how did you get that many cals so quick? I'm biking tomorrow, gunna put up some big numbers.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    How long does it take you to do a mile, according to the machine?

My guess would be

>20 min = walking
    middle = fitness walking
    <14 min = running

But I suppose that would be different per person. Maybe strides per min would be a better measurement

Yeah, 2.5 miles in 30 minutes tonight. According to the machine. I never know how much to trust those things though.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    Yeah, 2.5 miles in 30 minutes tonight. According to the machine. I never know how much to trust those things though.

Wow - either:
    1. You're way more in shape than you claim to be
    2. You've got the resistance on way too low
    3. The machine's distance measurements are way too long
    edited August 2010
    MAGIC wrote:
    And, FU Shwaip how did you get that many cals so quick? I'm biking tomorrow, gunna put up some big numbers.

lol, I dunno what's up with Shwaip, he's got one 2-mile bike ride. I think something's wrong...
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    2 hours of ultimate frisbee :). I marked it down as soccer, it seemed to be the closest sport.
    edited August 2010
    AH.

yeah, they don't have *every* sport. I mark towing a baby trailer parachute + 50 lbs as 'mountain biking'. I feel about the same when I'm done as when I've been on a bike in the mountains, so...prob close
    edited August 2010
    Wow - either:
    1. You're way more in shape than you claim to be
    2. You've got the resistance on way too low
    3. The machine's distance measurements are way too long

To be fair, I have very long legs and thus a powerful stride. Also, I was letting it control the resistance based on heart rate which I probably shouldn't do. I have a fast heart rate (according to my physician) naturally so those machines are always all OMGWTFBBQ SLOW DOWN! I am usually up to 155 bpm before barely even breaking a sweat. Oh yeah, even when I was doing the hill running program on the machine I was hitting 2.5-3 miles in 30-40 minutes. I dunno.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Damn...I need to catch up. What does running up and down the stairs cleaning and doing laundry count as? I was also lifting books for 5 hours yesterday...
    edited August 2010
    and outta nowhere, here comes Annes
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    BITCHES. Actually, I just joined a pool. I am psyched. Combine that with the yoga and T/TH workouts I do at work and you guys might have a fight on your hands. I'm not doing that running thing yet.
    edited August 2010
    Damnit, was at ICHQ all weekend and fell way behind. Hitting it hard after work.
    edited August 2010
    MAGIC wrote:
    Damnit, was at ICHQ all weekend and fell way behind. Hitting it hard after work.

Yeah you do. :P

and I'm not scared of Annes.

(I'm a little scared of Annes)
    edited August 2010
    wth annes!

yikes!
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I don't think this is tallying stuff properly for me. I did 45 minutes of bootcampy stuff and marked it as "cross training." Perhaps I should do "aerobics"? I don't even know but I don't really think I'm burning all of those calories.
    edited August 2010
    In addition to my laziness, it's a pain to input routes manually, so I've not been updating. I need a fancy phone :)
    edited August 2010
    I really wish you could put in manual workouts through the phone app. It would make it so much easier to enter that data as soon as I'm finished at the gym instead of trying to remember to do it when I get home.
    edited August 2010
    Bitches watch out - it's a Philly weekend. Expect me to walk at least 5 miles. Maybe I'll finally get to use the smartphone app!
    edited August 2010
    shwaip wrote:
    I need a fancy phone :)

qft
    edited August 2010
    this is my current phone:

LG_20VX_208550_20BLUE.jpg.

yeah. balla
    edited August 2010
    phones_3817a08.jpg

Worst. Phone. Ever.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    cell-phone-old.jpg

Whammy!
    edited August 2010
    This kid can get the app on his mudphone but I cant on my Blackberry.

mudphoneny0.jpg
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    lawl mudphone
    edited August 2010
    I think it has something to do with the provider. Because your phone is a newer version of mine, but I can get the app on mine. We'll get new phones soon. Let's look into it!
    edited August 2010
    nexus_one.jpg The love of my life.
    edited August 2010
    Less than two hours left to burn some calories!!! Someone needs to catch up to Dan!

P.S. The app doesn't work with the gps on my phone... it's only useful for timing. Boo.
    edited August 2010
    Annes wrote:
    Yeah, I don't think this is tallying stuff properly for me. I did 45 minutes of bootcampy stuff and marked it as "cross training." Perhaps I should do "aerobics"? I don't even know but I don't really think I'm burning all of those calories.

yeah, no entry for "bootcampy stuff", but you have to figure it out for yourself... I think I put Insanity in as 'boxing' - was the closest calorie thing I could find
    edited August 2010
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Less than two hours left to burn some calories!!! Someone needs to catch up to Dan!

P.S. The app doesn't work with the gps on my phone... it's only useful for timing. Boo.

:D nice weather - was able to get out quite a bit. A nice change over the last 2 months or so!