Brand new Dell computer won't power on

edited August 2010 in Hardware
:mean: I am so angry. I ordered a brand spankin' new Dell Vostro 3700 computer and received it today. I was soooo excited to start it up. I installed the battery pack and hooked up the power cord and hit the magical POWER button only to see nothing happen. The power cord is working because I has a blue light to indicate so, but there is nothing happening with the computer to indicate it is anything but dead. Any magical words of advice???

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Did you remove the plastic from the battery poles? Sometimes they cover them in plastic.
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited August 2010
    Send It Back?
  • allenpanallenpan ThunderBay, Ontario, CAnada Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    er.... u should leave it charge for 8 hours first, or just plug in the AC and no battery and see if it books...
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    The battery will not be charged, but if he has it plugged in to a working outlet, the computer should be turning on. You could even remove the battery and test it that way. Sometimes in life, electronics arrive DOA.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Dell has been doing a really good job shipping their batteries with a decent charge on them. Check the battery... it SHOULD have a test button that illuminates LEDs.
    edited August 2010
    I stand corrected, but it still shouldn't be affecting the computer's ability to turn on.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    All my battery powered computer related electronics come with charging instructions, like "charge for 16 hours before using."
    edited August 2010
    Coming with a partial charge is typical, but you should be charging them fully before using them on battery power (or, really, before trying to drain them).