stop changing the map without votes

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
edited September 2010 in Team Fortress 2
last weekend or monday ish we went from the middle of a hightower map to demobowl.

last night we went from full pop egypt to 16/24 pop demobowl in the middle of a round.

throw up a vote and if it wins we'll play it next map. if it doesn't win and you really want to play dustbowl, go play on a 24/7 dustbowl map.

(more pew pew less QQ)

(cry some more)

(etc)

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    +1 for democracy

RTVFTW

InB4 U Mad Bro?/Why U Mad?

-Digi
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Another nail for too many admins.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Hey, last night I was in the middle of putting up a vote that included staying on egypt, but then someone changed it to whatever it went to.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    This is something that bugs me a bit as well. We end up playing what one person wants instead of what everyone really wants (or rather what 2-3 people shout they want over the mic). Why have rtv if maps are just going to be changed arbitrarily anyway?

It's not a huge deal, but I think we can be better about initiating a map vote (like including a "stay on this map" option). Last night iirc cola was the one that switched the map to goldrush. Again not serious problem but lets be pro-active about not map changing without a vote.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Does SM allow NextMap votes? Is it instantaneous? or does it tell the admin that started the vote the winning map and then a manual change is made at the end of the round/map?

I admit I changed the map once a couple weeks ago but I gathered that the majority of players on the server at the time wanted it changed before I made the change.
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Another nail for too many admins.
    I disagree with this. We run into ass holes way too often to not have as many admins as trust allows.

When we have a server that is 50%+ pubs it is not always easy to gauge if they want a change. The fact they are staying on our server means the are enjoying the current map enough to stay.

That all said it also needs to be taken into consideration that it is not uncommon to drop 25%+ of the players during any given map change. Some players just want to play certain maps and if a map comes up that they don't want to play, they simply move on.

I don't know if any of that added to the thread because I was interrupted by my boss multiple times, not allowing for a good flow to my post.

-Digi
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Yes bobby. am not sure if there is an option in the menu, but in console 'sm_mapvote' or 'sm_votemap' will do that. One of them lets you specify a set of maps to put in the vote, the other picks from the list and includes an option to stay on the current map. THe one that picks for you -I BELIEVE- changes the map at the end of the round to what ever won, but it does tell everyone in the chat so you can go ahead and change it immediately if you would like.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Yea, sorry about cutting off your vote Piggy, but Egypt was dieing and someone was screaming for Goldrush...
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    yeah...egypt was full and goldrush ended up 16/24...