Dell E151FPb Power Light Blinking

edited January 2011 in Hardware
I know someone who has this monitor and every time you turn the monitor off and you turn the monitor on the power light blinks green and does this for a few hours and eventually the monitor starts working normally where you see a picture. I did a search on google for a little while and I can't find anything useful. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Totally inexperienced in repairing monitors, but I would imagine it is a capacitor issue (simply based on random experience observing other people talking about these kinds of things).
  • edited October 2010
    Tushon wrote:
    Totally inexperienced in repairing monitors, but I would imagine it is a capacitor issue (simply based on random experience observing other people talking about these kinds of things).

It's possible, but other people are saying that you can just shake the monitor and it starts working all of a sudden. My first thought is a loose connection. I haven't actually tried it yet.:)
  • edited January 2011
    A brand new guy here trying to figure out my nutty monitor. I too have the intermittent blinking power light. If I forcefully twist the frame/bezel it will work for a time, then blink again. After a few hours it usually stays on (like now). Then I go through the same aggravating process again. It's as if something is not making a good continuous contact/connection. I have had this monitor since new in 2003.
    Any counsel/advice is appreciated.
  • edited January 2011
    Gr8bald1 wrote:
    A brand new guy here trying to figure out my nutty monitor. I too have the intermittent blinking power light. If I forcefully twist the frame/bezel it will work for a time, then blink again. After a few hours it usually stays on (like now). Then I go through the same aggravating process again. It's as if something is not making a good continuous contact/connection. I have had this monitor since new in 2003.
    Any counsel/advice is appreciated.
    Do you have power save enabled on your computer? If so, you might want to turn that setting off.