keyboard not working properly

jumpstylerzjumpstylerz Member
edited October 2010 in Hardware
hello,
i have a small problem that is effecting my greatly.
occasionaly my m, v, b and spacebar keys will not work. i have tried installing, uninstalling then reinstatlling the drivers but it didn't help at all. right now they are working fine but most of the time they're not. i have an Activo AV-1000 netbook.
any help would be greatly appriciated.

P.S. i cant system restore because the computor didnt create the restore points like it was supposed to.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Sounds like you have a broken keyboard.
  • jumpstylerzjumpstylerz Member
    edited October 2010
    well i thought that but at first it was only in word but after about a month it dun it for everything so thats what makes me think its a driver problem
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2010
    why not just go pick up a cheap $9 keyboard and test it or see if you can borrow one from a friend. It's far easier and less headache inducing to test that then do all the other.
    edited October 2010
    kryyst wrote:
    why not just go pick up a cheap $9 keyboard and test it or see if you can borrow one from a friend. It's far easier and less headache inducing to test that then do all the other.
    what part of Activo av-1000 NETBOOK dont you understand i cant carry around a keyboard werever i go
    plus if i had a keyboard it would use a different driver
    edited October 2010
    It's not the driver. You have a bum keyboard.

Of course, he wasn't suggesting you carry around a keyboard, either. He was asking you to try a different one to eliminate the possibility that your keyboard has a mechanical malfunction.

Calm down.
    edited October 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    It's not the driver. You have a bum keyboard.

Of course, he wasn't suggesting you carry around a keyboard, either. He was asking you to try a different one to eliminate the possibility that your keyboard has a mechanical malfunction.

Calm down.
    ok but if it were bunged up it wuldnt work at all right. and if its a driver malfunction for the inbuilt keyboard it wouldnt do the same on an external keyboards driver
    sofar my keyboard hasnt stuffed itself since then so i think its fine now
    edited October 2010
    Keyboards have multiple sensors. Single keys, multiple keys, or entire banks of keys can die. It's not an all or nothing part.
    edited October 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    Keyboards have multiple sensors. Single keys, multiple keys, or entire banks of keys can die. It's not an all or nothing part.
    i know but i mean the keys only not work some of the time
    edited October 2010
    And just like a car that's on the verge of breaking down, it only makes that funny noise some of the time.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Jumper,

You came here asking for help and everyone who made suggestions to help you are telling them "no it can't be that".

What kind of help do you want? You have to start with some troubleshooting if you want to find the answer.

Keyboards have a simple drive that is part of the OS, that is all there is to it. You can have lots of other drivers that are broken, 25 years of doing PC stuff and I have yet to see a keyboard driver be broken.
    edited October 2010
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Jumper,

You came here asking for help and everyone who made suggestions to help you are telling them "no it can't be that".

What kind of help do you want? You have to start with some troubleshooting if you want to find the answer.

Keyboards have a simple drive that is part of the OS, that is all there is to it. You can have lots of other drivers that are broken, 25 years of doing PC stuff and I have yet to see a keyboard driver be broken.
    its fixed now anyway so i dont realy need much else ima close the thread
This discussion has been closed.