Oktoberfest Hotel sharing

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited October 2010 in Community
We are recommending hotels for this year's Icrontic Oktoberfest. Keep in mind the basement is no longer available, and it's a little cold to be tenting in Michigan (although it won't be THAT bad for the hearty, and the backyard IS available).

Local hotels around here are cheap; $40-$50 a night. We would suggest sharing a hotel with someone to save money.

Post here if you're thinking about staying in a hotel and work it out amongst yourselves if you want to share a room :)

Comments

• WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Or bed-sharing ;)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    The LaQuinta on VanDyke seems to have the best price/niceness ratio in the area, and is also very close to Brian's house (aprox. 5 min drive). That's where CrazyJoe and I will be staying.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Another +1 for the LaQuinta suggestion. It's a good place to stay on the cheap.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I liked the LaQuinta when we stayed during Expo. The web rates seem to be about $50 per night normally, and $44 per night if you have a AAA card.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Are there cabs that will go from ICHQ to the LaQuinta? Eli and I won't have a car. Although I might be down for tenting if it's not going to be too cold.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    It'll probably be in the 40s, maybe low 50s at night. If you want a cab in Detroit, you call it. Maybe someone will have mercy and drive. ;)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    lol cabs

yeah, don't count on it. I mean, they exist, but expect like $25-$40...

Someone should be able to drive you.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Since I'm going to be going to and from the LaQuinta anyway, you can ride with Joe and me. You just might be at least partly subject to my sleep schedule. :)
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Or bed-sharing ;)

sign me up!
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    When I traveled for Epic 2009 I went to price line and negotiated, and got the only 3-1/2 star hotel rated at the time, so, there was no risk just a question of price when I set all the parameters. It was the Courtyard by Marriott, which is an excellent business class hotel, decent beds, looked to me like they had renovated in at least the last few years, and if I recall I stole it for about $39 a night.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Wow, Cliff, that's a fantastic deal. How far from ICHQ is the Courtyard Inn located?
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I think it was right next to the hotel 2yder stays in. If I remember, about four miles, took me less than ten minutes to drive. Staff was nice, rooms were decent, small exercise room. If you go to priceline for Warren I think it was the highest rated hotel without going downtown.
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    If you guys are staying out near where Ryder's hotel is, I can taxi people to and from - the apartment isn't far from there.
    edited October 2010
    Anne and Eli, are you two interested in sharing a 2 Queen room at Courtyard by Marriott? It's $99 per night, so we could cut it in half? Courtyards are so nice! Marriott beds are amazing, and would feel even more amazing after an evening of drinking.
    edited October 2010
    Priceline also has free breakfast for $109 per night. ($10 for breakfast for 4!)
    edited October 2010
    Courtyard by Marriott has an indoor pool, spa, and fitness center! Hell yes!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Courtyard by Marriott has an indoor pool, spa, and fitness center! Hell yes!
    I'm sure you'll make plenty use of those that weekend :crazy:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Anne and Eli, are you two interested in sharing a 2 Queen room at Courtyard by Marriott? It's $99 per night, so we could cut it in half? Courtyards are so nice! Marriott beds are amazing, and would feel even more amazing after an evening of drinking.

There are lines here. I am reading between them.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    There are lines here. I am reading between them.

:shakehead
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2010

READ
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2010

8====D

/* It has suddenly dawned on me that I'm posting a lot of dicks lately. Interesting. */
    edited October 2010
    Somebody has dicks on the mind.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    ( . Y . )

fix't
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    no, definitely dicks.
    edited October 2010
    Andrew and I will be getting our own room at La Quinta (Andrew doesn't want to share) for Friday and Saturday night. We are also up to carpooling back and forth if anyone wants to, and can do Meijer runs in the mornings/afternoons on the way back to ICHQ. We plan on arriving Thursday, and hope to just crash somewhere at ICHQ if there is room. See you guys soon!