Computer randomly restarting

edited October 2010 in Hardware
I bought a new computer a few months ago - a Dell Inspiron Zino HD with Windows 7. From the beginning it has randomly restarted with no apparent rhyme or reason. I tried reinstalling Windows 7 and this did remedy it for about a week and a half, now it is doing it again. Sometimes I get the bsod, other times it just freezes and restarts.

I have already disabled the "automatic restart" but it restarts anyway. I have already scanned for virus/malware with no luck. Since I have been having this issue from the beginning, I have not installed anything on the computer since I don't trust that it will last long. I am so frustrated and fed up and ready to throw this thing out the window... Someone please help!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Random restarts and freezes sound most like a hardware problem. You could try memtest and prime95 tests first. But since this is a new Dell, I would just get an RMA to replace it instead of trying to fix it. If you want to try the memtest and prime95 tests to be sure, I had helped someone else in this thread with similar problems.
  • edited October 2010
    Well, I didn't purchase the Dell through Dell; I bought it through a retailer. Returning it through the retailer is not going to happen since they are located about 18 hours away... I do still have the original reciept though, looks like I will be calling Dell.