Need a new keyboard

SpampySpampy Madison, WI
edited November 2010 in Hardware
Hey Guys,

I'm currently running a brand-x USB keyboard I bought for my ps2 a number of years ago. The contacts for the keys are mounted directly on the back of the keyboard backboard, and they made that clear so that you can see inside, pretty cool. The problem is that when it's cold (it's becoming winter and all), certain keys stop working until I lay it on my arm to warm it up. The vowels are usually the first ones to stop, then others, until I have to open on-screen keyboard and wait for it to warm up.

I'm looking for something durable but not too expensive, ideally less than 50$ that I can move to a new desktop once I acquire the funds to build one. All suggestions are appreciated!

Edit: No ergonomic wave keyboards, my family's desktop has one and I hate it.

Comments

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    If you want durable, absolutely nothing beats a well made keyboard with old school mechancial switches. Expensive, but in my eyes, completely worth the investment.

Check out this great guide.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I use a Logitech Wave both at work and on my desktop at home. I think I picked the work one up for about 35 bucks plus shipping. The one I have at home was more pricey because it's wireless and came with a wireless mouse as well. I'd recommend it.
  • edited November 2010
    I am using a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard right now (USB, not wireless). It is the best keyboard I have ever had for typing but only good for occasional gaming. For reference, I have used Logitech G15, Logitech Wave wireless, Microsoft Elite for Bluetooth in the last several years.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    mirage wrote:
    I am using a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard right now (USB, not wireless). It is the best keyboard I have ever had...

link
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Cliff, that link is RAD. Thank you so much!