Finally Dedicated to a Fitness Plan

2»

Comments

• WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I've been doing Zumba (I need to start adding more weight lifting again, though), and have lots almost 10 pounds so far, and I look much better (legs and but and midsection much firmer). I believe Magic has been losing some weight as well, and he's been busy with weights and spinning.

I'm going to buy some new jeans today. The ones I bought a month or two ago are now baggy, and the other ones I had ripped (they are very old... and were getting very thin). So, we'll see what size the new ones will be...
    edited August 2011
    Follow-up. I weighed myself a few weeks ago (need to weigh myself again next time I go to the gym), and dropped a couple pounds in the last few months. I'm down to about 162 now. I'm also down a pant size to a 10. :)

Eating a little less and a bit more active than I was. Still could go to the gym a little more often, but seeing that the small changes are making a difference, I think I need to step it up a notch! :)
    edited September 2011
    I may be down to a size 8. My size 10 pants I just bought 2 weeks ago are already getting baggy... I haven't weighed myself yet.

The most frustrating thing about losing weight is the consistent purchasing of new clothes. I'm going to end up with every size Gap makes in their dress pants...

Just wish I would have started losing this before bathing suit season!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    WagsFTW wrote:
    The most frustrating thing about losing weight is the consistent purchasing of new clothes.

We have just witnessed history. Let it be known that September 19, 2011 is the first record of a woman expressing frustration at the idea of purchasing clothing.
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    GHoosdum wrote:
    We have just witnessed history. Let it be known that September 19, 2011 is the first record of a woman expressing frustration at the idea of purchasing clothing.

:P I'm annoyed by the constant purchasing of new clothes too... mostly because it makes CB complain about how much money I'm spending/the affect on the rest of my budget... The actual shopping for new smaller clothes is still fun ;)
    edited December 2011
    So, I think I might have gained a little more in September/October with going out to eat a lot and falling off the fitness bandwagon a little bit. I also realized how hard it is to stick to a diet when dating someone that can eat whatever he wants without gaining ANY weight whatsoever! Was so much easier to eat healthy with a partner in crime. I may have to work on forcing him to eat healthy with me, and help support this. Trying to get him to care about going to the gym and exercising, because of the same reasons. He seems to think it's too much work - another difficult thing with someone that has the metabolism of a teenager. Trying to work on this.

I signed up for the gym at work at the beginning of November (it's a GREAT gym - with Zumba classes on Mondays, too! - and it's only $8/month). Also, in the last month I have cut way back on my portions, and have been cooking more meals, and making them a lot healthier again, and also making healthier decisions at restaurants. This past month has been extremely hectic, but hoping things slow down a little bit more, and I have more time to get in a routine and exercise right after work. Need to work on a routine. Also, cooking will be much easier when I move into my new apartment, which has a normal size kitchen. Cooking is just so difficult at my current apartment.

Current weight: 162 (came back down after a slight fluctuation in September/October)

Current pants: 10 (although I haven't gone shopping and tried on pants in a while. One pair of dress pants have been getting a lot more baggy...)

I also need to measure my waist/hips to get a better and more accurate idea of changes. I even noticed I think my arms have gotten a little smaller, and legs/stomach is getting a little big tighter.