New AMD Catalyst Control Center in Catalyst 10.12

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited December 2010 in Hardware
Hey, dudes. AMD released Catalyst 10.12 today, and they're offering users the option to test drive a brand new interface for the Catalyst Control Center.

The new UI was designed by a company called Infusion, an international design house that has done work for companies like Microsoft, Humana, Conoco Phillips, the 2016 Chicago Olympics bid and more.

We also shipped Catalyst 10.12 out to a software testing group named Perseus Labs. They pitted Cat 10.12 against competing WHQL drivers using the Microsoft Windows Logo Kit (WLK) and Windows Hardware Quality Lab (WHQL) tests, and found that only Catalyst 10.12 passed every test without failures or system crashes.

The new UI, however, is a test version, and there just might be problems with it. Give it a whirl and leave your feedback. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=28717&stc=1&d=1292274837

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    ooh, UI design is what I like. Can't wait to tear into this.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I'm on it.
  • edited December 2010
    I wish they would have used the default GUI and widget set of Windows.The package with the new Control Center is 30MB larger. :rolleyes: Take a look at, for example, Paint.net or utorrent; some developers are able to build such functional detail and elegant GUI in so small packages. I want a lean/fast Control Center that integrates with the default Windows GUI.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Looks delicious.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Too much shine for me, personally. I'm all for reasonable gloss, but when half of every button is white (and half of those are already silvery themselves), it's a little overdone.

That's just me, though.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I think nearly everything about the UI is better. I like the sideways drill menu, getting back to start after making any changes. I like the fundamental layout. I do think it could use a little size adjustment. Ideally at 1920X1080 I don't think it should be necessary for the user to scroll to get to any of those options. I think a minor adjustment can get them all into a neat menu for high resolution displays, but that is my only nit pick. I really like it overall.

Oh, and finally the video converter in the basic menu UI!! Yeah progress!!