The "I Just Died" Thread

2»

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    This article made me die inside...I suppose it counts?
    Why the 'Star Wars' Prequels are Better Than the Original Trilogy

Seriously though, died one time from freezing in front of a creeper and then 6 more times jumping from Hitman's Tower of Pain this morning.
  • Don't ever follow CrazyJoe.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Why's that? LOL
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I was idling the Zombie Grinder, Level 42, going for 49-50 for a diamond pick. Was pushing around 45 minutes when I got disconnected out of memory. I reconnected in the zombie shoot!!! (at the top before they fall). Was able to save myself and escape out the side of the shoot. Then when I went to clean up they surrounded me and killed me. Was able to make it back and get all my stuff.... minus 25 levels. Ahhhhhhhhhg!

-Digi
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Grinder is dick.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I've died somehow in the zombie grinder a few times...
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Me and Zealock were exploring a mineshaft below my island. For the most part we were taking out anything that choose to get in our way. Then along came a creeper that was the chosen of the server. By that I mean the server lagged a bit on it's side and when Zealock hit the creeper, it disappeared. Then Zealock was no more. I like to think it phased out and reformed inside of him, resulting in a Alien-chesterburster-creeper. Only way to explain him going from almost fully armored and at full health down to dead.
    I was Nether Hunting. I ran out of arrows and dropped off the 16 gold nugs and tear that I had at my house and picked up some arrows and potions. Back out exploring I finally got some enchanted gold. Gold Sword: Smite II. So Happy. Then a pigman pushed me into a hole and he and his buddies had their way with me. It was scary and I am scarred for life. By the time I found the piggy rape hole, it all, including the gold sword and my diamond sword had despawned.

Sad I don;t have a new trophy but didn't lose anything that is too hard to replace.

-Digi
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    I was on a PVP server while building my underground base. It took me all day to build it. I had booby traps every where and what not. So i was walking to my chest where I put my diamonds and rare stuff (It's hidden) once I open it i forgot about the pressure plate under me, so I look down while dozens of TNT pop out of the ground, blow me up, and half of my base. That's the last time I build a trap like that.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    @Theironhand That's hilarious XD
    I think I would avoid traps that involve blowing up my chest of valuables, though...
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    Well this one just happened recently on the Xbox version.

I was walking home after a couple of minecraft days spent in a very large forest cutting trees, I was cutting the leaves off the last tree around me and out of no where a creeper was living in there! It blow me up and all my planks :(.

Now I never leave home without armor.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Only you can stop forest creepers!
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    Just finished the game on normal difficulty. Only died twice, both in the nether. Once trying to make a blaze farm way too high above ground (got knocked off a ledge), and again when a ghast blew up the netherrack ledge I was standing on. Also, for the record: zombie pigmen are jerks.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Twice now have I actually left the confines of the town on an adventure to find iron. Twice now have I actually found a bit of iron. Twice now have I die on my way back to town. First time I got blew up by a creeper and forgot where I was when I passed, the second time I fell in some lava that I didn't fill all the way with gravel. I think I might just stay on my pirate ship and never leave again.
    I started a hardcore world on Jan 2nd. I found a tall mountain next to a jungle and setup a base. Found an abandoned mine directly under my base. I had a branch mine, wheat, potato and carrot farms and a barn with cows and sheep. I found a very small desert village and then a larger one that had a Desert Temple right next to it. Made a base in the large house connected to the temple. My two bases were connected by about a 30 second boat ride. I had switched into End prep mode and started gathering eyes to try to find a stronghold/end portal. I had been to The Nether a bit and explored quite a bit around my portal but did not find any Nether Strongholds. I estimate 20+ hours on it.

I just set out to scout out further in the Nether. A Ghast came up over a ridge and was shooting at me. In an attempt to hit his 3rd or 4th fireball I set ablaze. In my hurried retreat I went down a ridge... and fell... It was long enough for me to start the Vader No, catch Sugar's attention who starts Noing along with me and then *smack*.

You can not respawn in hardcore mode.

-Digi
    Cantiprimesuspectcolaardichoke
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    If you die in the game you die for real