Dr. Frankenchoke Rides Again (Minecraft Server Construction Thread)

2»

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Tomorrow, 10: EST? I'll do my best to load the server.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Was on Ardi's server for a while, lol'd at the burning town.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Just a threadbump/reminder.

What: New server stress test/burn the Icrontinent to the ground
    When: Tonight, Jan 11, 10pm EST (that's 3am Jan 12, 2011 GMT)
    Where: minecraft.ardichoke.info

Please go about normal minecraft business for at least the first 30 minutes. After 10:30 the shenanigans can commence.
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited January 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Just a threadbump/reminder.

What: New server stress test/burn the Icrontinent to the ground
    When: Tonight, Jan 11, 10pm EST (that's 3am Jan 12, 2011 GMT)
    Where: minecraft.ardichoke.info

Please go about normal minecraft business for at least the first 30 minutes. After 10:30 the shenanigans can commence.

I'm definitely coming to the shenanigans with an inventory full of lava buckets!
    edited January 2011
    So...what would the starting time be in CST? :)
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    9pm.
    edited January 2011
    Thanks man
    edited January 2011
    Alright, after last night I'm satisfied that the server is ready for prime time. I just need to schedule a time with Ryder to shut off the current server, back everything up and move it all to the new server.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I don't know. I mean: It slowed to a crawl and kicked everyone out when the lighthouse was detonated...
    edited January 2011
    CB wrote:
    I don't know. I mean: It slowed to a crawl and kicked everyone out when the lighthouse was detonated...

That will happen on just about any server.

And since we'll not be doing crap like that again, I don't see it as a problem. I mean, there were what? 6 or 7 stacks pf TNT set up in the lighthouse?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    CB wrote:

I'm leaning on CBs side here, also the guy we would be putting in controll was quite the dick last night ;-)

-Digi
    edited January 2011
    I was being feces-ish.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    ^ RIP Turnip cannon V.1 :/
    edited January 2011
    CB wrote:
    I was being feces-ish.

Hah! I should have know you were pulling some shit.
    edited January 2011
    That explosion was epic... and only spiked the the CPU usage to about 35% on the server.
    edited January 2011
    since there is an update coming tomorrow, should we have the server changeover coincide with that?
    edited January 2011
    since there is an update coming tomorrow, should we have the server changeover coincide with that?

as in, ryder takes it down tonight, and ardi brings it back up tomorrow after the update?
    edited January 2011
    We won't be able to update the server right away. Gotta wait for hey0 to catch up.
    edited January 2011
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    :bucket:
    edited January 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    :bucket:

TheyBeStealinMyBucketSeal.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I saw that before, I wasn't sure if bukkit was considered "ready" or not. They did say that hey0 would not be developed after bukkit was "ready". Whatever that means. Actually, looking closer at the bukkit site, they don't have a release out yet. This would imply that hey0 SHOULD be updated. I guess we don't know if it will actually be updated or not.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I am not sure what any of this talk is about, but I do know that a group of us plan to be on the server 1/13/11 from about 7pm till the wee hours. Can we please have a server up during that time?
    edited January 2011
    Zanthian wrote:
    I am not sure what any of this talk is about, but I do know that a group of us plan to be on the server 1/13/11 from about 7pm till the wee hours. Can we please have a server up during that time?
    Nobody has ever said there will be much downtime.

The only time the server would be out of commission will be the time it takes for me to upload 300MB of server files and for Ardi to download and unzip them.

All told, maybe an hour and since I work at home and he works at the datacenter, we should be able to do it when very few people are home from work to play.
    edited January 2011
    Zanthian, I think, was referring to the suggestion above that the server be taken down tonight and put back up "after the update", whenever that is. I can't imagine, however, that you would keep the server down any longer than necessary. You and Ardi know the bidness. :)
    edited January 2011
    Indeed we do. Do you have a preferred time to do the transfer Ryder? I know you had mentioned shutting down this server later (this weekend, iirc?). Friday afternoon would be good for me. I could also handle tomorrow afternoon for the transfer if that works better.
    edited January 2011
    CB wrote:
    Zanthian, I think, was referring to the suggestion above that the server be taken down tonight and put back up "after the update", whenever that is. I can't imagine, however, that you would keep the server down any longer than necessary. You and Ardi know the bidness. :)
    The update will be out of all our hands, like it always is.

Friday afternoon will be just fine Ardi.