New wifi routers

erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native TexanHouston,Texas Member
edited January 2011 in Science & Tech
Anyone on here own these routers. If so how do they perform.

Netgear WNR-2000
DLink DIR-655
LinkSys E2100L

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I just got a WNR2000 for Christmas. Haven't used it yet because it's a V.3 which JUST came out and DD-WRT doesn't support it yet. I can hook it up with the stock firmware at some point and let you know how it does if you like.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I've got the D-Link DGL-4500 which is the DIR-655's gaming brother. So far so good. Can't tell you much about the WiFi since I'm in a house with reinforced cement walls but connection wise, bittorrent runs like a charm.
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited January 2011
    My intensions are to use my net work for streaming hd video.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Uploading or downloading HD video? If it's downloading, either of those three should work just fine.
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited January 2011
    Well Frys electronics had a Netgear n600 on sale for $129.95. This thing is sweet.
  • ins4n17yins4n17y Cabanatuan City, Philippines Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Anyone on here own these routers. If so how do they perform.

Netgear WNR-2000
    DLink DIR-655
    LinkSys E2100L

i own a dir 655. it is by far the best router i have ever ever ever used. i think what sets this router apart is the awesome qos engine and the fact when i opened it up it had a 128mb ddr 400 ram inside....(i checked the serial number) from the zentel chip inside my dir 655 hw rev a4 router

furthermore i reccommended it to non computer/tech savvy people who wanted large wifi networks set up with security. i'll tell ya the dir 655 does not disappoint when it comes to features. i've used it in a 3000+ sq. ft house with no issues with some people i recommended it to. i myself checked for dead spots and couldn't find any. the range is sweet for a 2.4ghz band router. it also can connect all the way to 300mbps if you have an n adapter. (i have the dwa-160 and it's solid when streaming media like hd content)

i have several dir 655's. one at home, one in my dorm (when i was in canada) and i'm using one here in the philippines (i flashed it with north american firmware voiding the warranty [oh well])