graphic cards with dual lookup (luks)

ardclinisardclinis co antrim northern ireland
edited January 2011 in Hardware
Iam setting up a dual monitor syster to be calibrated with a spyder studio system from data colour they have sent me a majenta test to see if my geforce 8500 supports dual luks and it does not
can anyone advise which cards can suport this system.
It is not as simple as a card with dual outlets for two monitors

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    All AMD Radeon HD 5000 and 6000 Series cards support 3-6 independent digital displays (depending on design). Each monitor is backed by an independent digital lane in the ASIC. This should do what you're looking for.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Nice sell.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    (Disclaimer: I work for AMD. NVIDIA may have a similar approach, but they are limited to two monitors per GPU).
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I don't work for nV or AMD. But I'll confirm Thrax's statement that they're limited to two per GPU.

I can only speak to prior nVidias, but the response I got re color calibration was that it was two displays maximum per card, and that independent calibration should be done "at the monitor." In other words, shared baseline at system and adjustment external. Otherwise known as the bass-ackwards way. According to the technical documents on their flashy new 30-bit color transformation engine in the Quadro 5800, nVidia still only has one color engine per GPU. (And people have been saying nV image quality doesn't suck.. ha!)

So, if you want independent two-way calibrated color per display? AMD looks to be the only way to go.