New gear bag wanted

SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
edited January 2011 in Lifestyle
Hey, friends -

I'm looking for a backpack-style bag that can stay thin while holding 1-2 DSLR bodies, 4-5 lenses, up to 2 flashes, and the requisite accessories. I've been through a couple of shoulder/sling-style bags that just leave me unbalanced and pained at the end of the day.

Anybody on here have any favorites, preferences, ideas? I'd love to hear what you guys use, even for smaller gear loadouts. :)

Comments

• NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    We set the wife up with a new camera so I got her old Canon 1D she had gotten used from a friend but didn't use much. Getting it out and using it a bit I seriously think I am going to go with the Tamrac Velocity 9x.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P43IZA

Big thing I see is ability to open it facing me, and ability to take a fairly large lens attached to the camera sitting in the case. Will be interesting to see how it balances, but i imagine it HAS to be better then this ancient Tamrac boxy bag I had for my Elan II.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Update: ended up going with a Kata Bug 203. Pretty swank bag. Fits everything a bit snugly - can't fit too much more in there, but that also helps it keep the thinness and lower size profile I'm looking for. And I just can't get over how clever and useful the yellow interior is...

IMG_20110120_191511.jpg
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    hugepictureishuge

and is now resized.

do you keep your 70-200 in there, or somewhere separate?
    edited January 2011
    fixt
    edited January 2011
    I don't have a 70-200 yet. :( When I do, that'll be on the body in the main section, and I'll probably usually leave out the 100mm macro or the flash depending on what I'm anticipating my focus to be for a particular outing. Have to cross that bridge when I come to it, though.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Ah, I thought you had one for some zoo pics you posted a while back. Just rented?

Anyway, it makes sense (both from the space and the weight pov) to just carry what you need, i suppose.
    edited January 2011
    Borrowed from a friend, in point of fact. It's next on my list, though.