ok i am sooooo pissed off....can anyone please help?

ins4n17yins4n17y Cabanatuan City, Philippines Icrontian
edited January 2011 in Science & Tech
ok so for christmas i was thinking of getting a new phone. preferably moddable. the main reason is because here i am in the philippines and its different here. i'm guess 'because this is a third world-country' quote on quote, the networks here emphazise using text over voice, hence no one really calls each other and everyone just texts each other. (cramming 100 million people onto an island the size of manhattan [figuratively speaking]) might just pose congested network issues...and so after using 'decent phones' i get fed up talking and texting my girlfriend because the texts don't end up sending and/or the calls keep dropping.

so the solution is to get a top of the line or near top of the line phone with decent features.

for starters on the 2010 holidays on the new year of 2011 i made it clear to my relatives i wanted a new phone on my holiday wishlist. they asked what phone i wanted and i said i wanted a samsung louvre, aka a samsung omniapro b7610.

it's got bluetooth, gps, wi-fi, amoled, tv-out, support for a 32gb sdhc, stylus imput, touchscreen and a slideout keyboard as well as a dedicated gpu. sure the ram is a bit low at 256mb and aka the cpu runs at 800mhz but who am i kiddin' i bought this thing because it's got nearly up to a week of battery life if i say so myself, and that is damn good.

ok the best feature i can say is the camera, a dual with led flash on the face of the device (probably for video conferencing) and one at the back.

here is where my problems started.

my girlfriend and i and some of her hot friends go on some mall shopping trip and a take a bunch of pictures.

for some reason either the pictures didn't save or they deleted somehow.

the one thing i'm trying to figure out is the root directory structure of this device, and where exactly are things being saved. the os is windows mobile 6.5 professional.

there are several storage areas that make this so confusing all with the dcim digital storage folder whose directory name we're all familiar with as geeks.

so the storage areas are as follows:

my device
my documents
my storage
storage card

what the hell is all this shit? i specifically asked the fucking camera to store all pictures taken on the 16gb microsd. where the fuck are they? shit ass fuck....

whats even worse is when i go into folder manager which allows me to peek into the storage rom on the device it shows an microsd icon on both storage card and/or my storage.

my question is

'storage card' is definately the microsd. is 'my storage' on the ROM or a pointer to the 'storage card'? how about 'my documents' or 'my device'?

it would help me alot if someone here was experienced enough with the windows mobile os to tell me if these are real directories or shortcuts or pointers to real directories and/or which of the directories above are actually on the microsd.

the other problem i keep having is that i guess the os gets confused and every so often it creates two 'storage card' options i don't know why. on device browser it appears 'storage card' and 'storage card 2'...like what the fuck!!!!

i just lost all my pictures and it sucks.

anyways this is probably a stupid question, but the camera is really sweet and i just want to be able to use it thanks.

ps. a little review of the samsung louvre, aka samsung b7610 omniapro

the phone and all its features are good. it is a bit sluggish and the one thing i can say about the slide out keyboard is that its placed together so closely with no spaces between the keys and the keys can only be pushed accurately from the center of the keys themselves. it's a good solid keyboard with good response, however compared to whats out there, i can definately say it could have been better designed. the screen is bright but there is one dead pixel that bugs me. it only shows up if the area that the dead pixel is in is red, but it still bugs me. the screen is fabulous, apart from that one dead pixel. i personally dead pixels are stupid and that any company should make a phone that is dead pixel free now adays considering how far we've advanced lcd (touch screen/flatscreen whatever) technology (this phone is amoLED) hence it's not really an 'lcd' lol. apart from a bit of sluggishness it's a good phone.

it's pretty heavy (and a bit thick at that), but does come with a tv out jack in the same 3.5mm jack that the headphones/headset connects to.

the one other thing i like about this phone is that there are two modes, a life and a work mode. switching between both allows you to keep your 'life' in a separate ui (user interface) and work mode in another allowing you to focus on strictly business on the job. the sound quality is loud and astounding, i can definately say it's slightly better than ipod audio. in terms of media it does support divx/xvid as well as a host of other video formats.

features 4/5
responsiveness 3/5
size 3/5
audio 4/5
battery life 5/5

i'd say that about covers it. cheers to everyone at icrontic.

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I'm confused. You said gay, but you sound angry? Doesn't gay mean happy?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    lol-he-mad1.jpg
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    One, I am not sure how having a better phone solves your network congestion problem.
    As for the Hottt Pix, every phone I have owned would store media on the SD card before saving to the phones memory. Have you tried taking the card out and checking it on your PC?

Gay.
  • ins4n17yins4n17y Cabanatuan City, Philippines Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    MAGIC wrote:
    One, I am not sure how having a better phone solves your network congestion problem.
    As for the Hottt Pix, every phone I have owned would store media on the SD card before saving to the phones memory. Have you tried taking the card out and checking it on your PC?

Gay.

i did something like what you said above. i also zeroed and reformatted the card and reset the directories. i got it to work now thanks everyone.