CPU-Z doesn’t match memory's Speed

edited January 2011 in Hardware
according to this topic http://tech.icrontic.com/articles/why-cpu-z-doesnt-match-your-memorys-advertised-speeds
i have ddr3 1333 designed as 1.65V motherboard reads it 1066 after i adjusted it manually to 1333 CPU-Z reads it PC38500 (533)
what should i do???
it runs in 1.5V as well when raising it to 1.65V pc Won't load

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    What tab of CPU-z are you looking at? The SPD tab will always show what the manufacturer programmed as the default boot speed.

You want to look at the memory tab to see what speed the memory is running.
  • edited January 2011
    memory tab reads it 1333 (667) MHz, with 9-9-9-30 timings instead of 7-7-7-20
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Then it is running 1333 not 1066.

You just need to adjust the timings to match 7-7-7-20 in the bios.

I see you posted on the OCZ forum as well and said you can't set the memory voltage.
    Suggestion there was to flash the bios back since it is preventing you from setting the voltage.

CPU-z will not read the voltage that is set for the ram, only the default for the ram type (1.5 in this case as it is DDR3)
  • edited January 2011
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Then it is running 1333 not 1066.

You just need to adjust the timings to match 7-7-7-20 in the bios.

I see you posted on the OCZ forum as well and said you can't set the memory voltage.
    Suggestion there was to flash the bios back since it is preventing you from setting the voltage.

CPU-z will not read the voltage that is set for the ram, only the default for the ram type (1.5 in this case as it is DDR3)
    yes i did post on OCZ forum, and requested a ticket of problem as well, ok i will go and set it 7-7-7-20... but the question is... am i good with 1.5V ? i ran Memtest86 and nothing going wrong, as well as Prime95 but Prime reported sth like error rounding before0.5 or a sentence like that i can't remember really... but no craches no blue screen
    or should i just RMA RAM and search for another product ?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    RMAing the memory will not solve your issue. Almost any DDR3 RAM will require 1.65V, and if you can't set that voltage manually, none of this RAM will work--voltage cannot be automatically detected and set by the BIOS.
  • edited January 2011
    ok, i don't have 100$ to go for corsair and test it on my MOBO, i have Hynix value ram designed to take voltage of 1.5v and it really runs @1333 at default... don't need to adjust MOBO settings