VOTE: Remove the SimpleHome plugin

ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
edited February 2011 in Minecraft
A couple people are offended by the SimpleHome plugin being installed on the Official Server. I've told them to create a poll to call for the removal but none of them have. So I am.

Note, removing the SimpleHome plugin removes the /sethome and /home commands.

"Why was this installed before we voted?" you might ask. It was a side effect of moving Bukkit plugin from the test install to the main install. Because I am a fair and just Admin I want to make sure that the majority of the players are OK with keeping the plugin so I created this poll.

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Don't care.
  • MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited February 2011
    Voted for leaving it installed. Don't know if I'll actually be using it or not, but it seems like a very handy thing to have around, and I have my house already set as home.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    This thread is to vote on removing the SimpleHome plugin. This would remove the /sethome and /home commands.

"Why was this installed before we voted?" you might ask. It was a side effect of moving Bukkit plugin from the test install to the main install. Because I am a fair and just Admin I want to make sure that the majority of the players are OK with keeping the plugin so I created this poll.
    FTFY impartial admin ;)

So people can make informative decisions, some highlights of the expressed opinions:
    CB wrote:
    Yes, it's really a cheat. It makes cavern exploration (the only really dangerous part of the game right now) not dangerous anymore, since you don't have to worry about having to try to run to your stuff when you die (which is the only penalty for death).
    That is cheating behavior. And if you're doing that then you are cheating. But /home is a legitimate tool with a valid and useful function.
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I would vote for removing any kind of warp tool. Takes quite a bit of adventure out of the game.

-Digi
    Mechfox wrote:
    I like the home command. Makes working on lava tunnels easier. I set myself on fire with startling frequency.
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I think that minecraft is, at its core, a sandbox style game environment. What that means to me is that it can be played in any way that the user really desires within the bounds of the design. So if you think it loses adventure by using the plugin, then don't use it. If you are the type of sandbox game player who plays the game just to build cool stuff and might even engage in a cheat code or two during a simcity game, then why not have the home plugin?
    Thrax wrote:
    The /home command was deliberately removed on all prior versions of the server to support Minecraft's risks and penalties for death and exploration.

Keep in mind if you really don't care and don't believe it will effect your game play experience at all then you shouldn't vote as it will skew the vote.

The discussion on this it taking place here.

-Digi
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I added your FTFY into my original post, good call on that Bobby
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I love it lets leave it!!! plus most of the people that where against it in the past don't even play anymore.