I really hateeee my mobo

EchoSaviorEchoSavior Oregon!!!
edited February 2011 in Hardware
Ok so I have more technical difficulty questions for my pc which is in need once again of everyone's wisdom here so here are my specs

BiostarMCP6P M2+ motherboard

4gb patriot DDR 800mhz 1.9voltz

1tb sata drive

HP dvd 1270i

nvidia geforce GTX460 1024mb GDDR5 (main problem)

sound card but no issues just have to set that up later

smilodon raidmax case 500 watt psu (500-550 not sure)

Windows 7 64 home premium

oh and AMD athlon II x2 255 processor

acer 23inch 1080p monitor HDMI VGA DVI

So basically I installed everything first the operating system, I did a custom OEM install got rid of my 32bit OS then did the ram which went rather well and installed fine, then I took out my old graphics card (nvidia geforce gt 210) which I did and tried to install the GTX 460 which didn't fit so I took out a metal divider with some sheet metal pliers. noowwww it fits. I mean it is PCIexpress, so I turn on my computer and everything seems fine except I might have to restart it a few times for the onboard just to kick in and everytime it does the fan on my GTX 460 starts spinning really fast and won't stop until I turn the pc off. also everytime I turn my computer on it says warning CPU now in safe mode please resetting cpu frequency in cmos setup. I am running this computer with the fan running really fast right now...and probably onboard graphics. I tried to disable the onboard graphics but noticed it won't detect the GTX 460 at all, so I did it anyway and the screen went black but then came back on. :D and even though I have no display devices working it apparently was still using onboard. the slot is good and stuff my GT210 worked fine in it. but the GTX won't atm help! D:

Comments

• EchoSaviorEchoSavior Oregon!!!
    edited February 2011
    I notice when I plug in my monitor to the GTX that it will detect that something is there but then my monitor will say no signal.
  • EchoSaviorEchoSavior Oregon!!!
    edited February 2011
    also its DDR 2 mem not DDR
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Well, you either have a bad 460 or or you messed something up taking out "the divider", which I'm hoping wasn't actually part of the mobo or video card. Possibly, you don't have enough power for the whole system.
  • allenpanallenpan ThunderBay, Ontario, CAnada Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    go to bios and disable the onboard video card and set the share memory to disable or lowest,