CPU Cooling Fan

edited February 2011 in Hardware
Greetings, I have an HP slimline 3700 desktop and am looking for the cpu cooling fan only. The model number on the fan is AFC0712DD. It is a 4 pin, 12V, .45A, 70mmX20MM. I have not been able to locate one. I can find the entire heat sink assembly with fan but thats way more than I need. Just looking for the actual fan itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Tony

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Can you take a picture of the fan? If it's just a 70x70x20mm box fan, it can probably be replaced very easily.
  • edited February 2011
    Detail
    Thrax wrote:
    Can you take a picture of the fan? If it's just a 70x70x20mm box fan, it can probably be replaced very easily.
    edited February 2011
    This site sells a huge variety of 70mm fans with 10, 15 and 25mm thickness. With a little finagling, one of the 15mm thick models should work just fine. Be sure it has the same number of power pins as the fan you're replacing.
  • edited February 2011
    Thank you so much, I have one more question. Do I have to find a fan that says .45a or will others work?
    edited February 2011
    I would recommend finding one that's .45a or less. Doing so will ensure that your system can adequately deliver power to the fan. You can see the amperage (like .45a) by looking at the pictures of the fans on that site.
  • edited February 2011
    Yes thank you, The closest one I found is .30. That should work. Thank you so much