Teenage Boy Murders Mother Over PlayStation

erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native TexanHouston,Texas Member
edited February 2011 in Gaming
TOMS HARDWARE
A tragic story hit the news today about a teenage boy who killed his mother after she took away his PlayStation.

Last November, the day after Thanksgiving, Rashida Anderson and her son 16-year-old son Kendall had a 90-minute argument. Rashida took away his PlayStation as punishment.

After his mother went to bed, Kendall paced for three hours in the South Philadelphia home before he decided to attack his mother in her sleep. He hit her with a claw hammer 20 times. The hammer attack didn't kill her, so Kendall dragged his mother down to the kitchen and tried to cremate her using the oven. When that plan failed, he beat her head with a chair leg and then hid her body under some debris in an alley behind the house.

Philadelphia police homicide Det. Thorsten Lucke read Kendall's statements to a Philadelphia Municipal Court judge: "I couldn't stand the arguing. … If I could, I would not do it again. I really miss my mom … she was the only person who cared for me."

The judge ordered for Kendall to stand trial for murder, possession of an instrument of crime and abuse of corpse.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Sensationalist anti-video game stories in 3, 2, 1...
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited February 2011
    I think the video game link is co-incidental. The boy didn't like the fact that he was being punished so took it out on his monther. I think if you had taken anything away from this kid that he enjoyed the final outcome would have been the same.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    No, "Teenage Boy Murders Mother Because He is Not Mentally Stable". See, you take the Playstation out and who cares? Not as interesting of a story.

P.S. Abuse of Corpse sounds like a sweet band name.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    In reading the excerpt, I think the Journalist did his job. He just reported it. The motive is what it is. Now its on to the spin machine that will run with this and see where they take it from here.

Regardless, this is an awful story. Obviously the boy has deeper issues than his love for playstation.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2011
    Meh? In the sense that this stuff happens on a regular enough basis that it's not news. Throw playstation in the title and it's OUTRAGE!!! The boy is unwell nothing more to say. If it wasn't his playstation it would have been his bike, his pokemon, his TV priveledges, his Dungeons and Dragons (oh and what a scandal that always causes) etc...etc....etc....
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Clearly this minor was playing Grand Theft Auto, and therefore it is imperative that violent video games be banned, and RockStar specifically be fined $1M per day until the game is removed from shelves, retroactive from the date of release.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    The fine should be paid to a shell company set up by Jack Thompson. They will distribute the money to the victims of video game violence as they see fit.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I'd cut a bitch for my pokemans.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Anyone gets between me and mah Minecraft server, they feel the edge of my pixelated blade