Compatibility issues with M4A785-M

edited March 2011 in Hardware
I am hoping for a bit of advice, I just built a new desktop with a Asus M4A785-M motherboard. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I have an old winfast tv2000 xp tv-card, it is running fine through the Windows Media Center, but I am getting no sound. When I removed the card from my old system again an Asus motherboard, it had a jumper cable to the aux1 connector on the board. Is there any place on the M4A785-M that I can connect the card to? Or should I just buy a new card?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Just to give an update if anyone has similar problems with legacy (audio) equipment. I was able to have a online chat with Asus and was told to use the Spdif connector. It would not work as my device Mobo connector is Left(signal)/ open(ground)/Ground/Right (signal) into my old Mobo (VA-10) AUX1. Also Spdif does not support analogue in. The card manufacture Leadtek has not responded to my support email to date. The best reference for TV card issues is TV-Cards.com. They explained everything and helped me resolve my issue.