Laptop Refurb $189 - Shipped anywhere in continental USA

Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
edited March 2011 in Trading Post
I have a little 15.4" Gateway MX6436 that I have done a little refurb work on. Its in beautiful condition, previous owner barely used it. Hard drive failed, I replaced with a brand new 250 GB Western Digital Blue drive and upgraded the memory to 768MB and installed xubuntu as the operating system. It runs xubuntu great and would make a really nice budget laptop for someone. The battery holds a charge for over two hours, no scratches, the screen is perfect, broadcom wireless card is very receptive, working great in xubuntu 10.10. Hardware wise its just going to be a basic productivity machine, but I'm running basic flash video and DVD's playback nicely. It struggles on some HD content but will play certain 720P formats nicely. The X300 is listed as 64MB shared, but a BIOS flash brought it to a 128MB buffer, a much better video experience than 64 was.

There is a licence to install XP if desired, I can do it for you, but I actually prefer running xubuntu 10.10 on this hardware, it just feels like its more practical for the spec.

For the asking price, I'll ship it anywhere in the Continental US.

Comments